2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

I Am out of Ideas, Please help friends..

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 02:53 AM
pigmak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I Am out of Ideas, Please help friends..

Ahh, so many "no-start " issues I see now and I have one of my own. I have an 01 Extreme and live in GA. Over the last few weeks my truck has slowly began to not start or struggle to start. It seemed to happen when it rained overnight, it would not start in the morning but would later on, than the rest of the day. My Fuel pump is 2 years old, I hear it open or w/e when i turn key and smell gas. My battery is less than a year old. My Distributor and my Cap are both two months old and were put in by a professional and are dry. Side note-I had intake gasket and thermostat and belt changed too. My radiator is brand new with new hoses. Ac is new. I changed the ignition coil. I replaced the plugs and wires, 1 wire looked bad, i tripled checked firing order. I thought maybe bad gas or water in gas, i put some dry in tank. It has not started in two weeks. I am getting a spark. It turns over, rumbles a little but nothing. Any advice anyone? I am clueless. Thank you.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:58 AM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

what brand is the cap and rotor?
ive seen store brands go bad quickly
do you have the updated spider or is it still the original injection unit?
have you checked the plug that goes into the spider? might be loose if the engine was worked on and water getting in there when it gets wet
have you checked the fuel pressure? if its too low the injection wont even fire

Old 12-29-2009, 03:05 AM
pigmak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default inform me a little more please?

I would have to check what kind of cap it is in the morning. The rotor was put on by a mechanic, i do not know how to find out the brand. This spider this interests me the most, what is it and where? How do I check fuel pressure? thank you. Could it be my Fuel Filter since I get Spark but still smell gas from the back?

Last edited by pigmak; 12-29-2009 at 03:13 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Blazeme is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pigmak
I would have to check what kind of cap it is in the morning. The rotor was put on by a mechanic, i do not know how to find out the brand. This spider this interests me the most, what is it and where? How do I check fuel pressure? thank you. Could it be my Fuel Filter since I get Spark but still smell gas from the back?
If the fuel pressure is to low your engine will crank and not start even though you have spark.

There is a test fitting near the fire wall in the fuel line. You need the proper gauge.

Look here for info on testing fuel system.
https://blazerforum.com/forum/tech-articles-diy-29/96-fuel-system-diagnosis-23038/

Blazeme