2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Beginning Member
bzoerb is on a distinguished road
Default Ideas

First I hope I posted in the correct forum. I’ve been have a problem with my 2001 blazer 6 cyc starting I’ve changed quite a few sensors on this thing but still have the same problem, I go to start in the morning or after sitting at work for 8 or more hours and it take 3-4 cranks before it will start sometimes it will start then stall, after it starts its is fine the rest of the day unless I let it sit for a long period of time. Any ideas? I’m thinking fuel pump possibly? Also my gas gauge has never really worked I just go by miles to know when its time to fill up.
Also, another problem looking for help with is an evp code 5 digit code last two are 44 and it says evap system I changed the gas cap purge valve but the check engine light stays on.
Thanks guys I appreciate the help

Old 10-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Moving to 2nd Gen Tech* - The Tech Article (DIY) section is for tech articles only, not general help questions. Please read through the section descriptions and choose appropriately. Thanks!

The hard start issue may very well be due to a leaking check valve in the tank. Running through the 96+ Fuel System Diagnosis procedure will help you diagnose that problem.

We'll need to know the full EVAP code that you are getting. Here are a few that are posted:
P0440 - Evaporative Emission Control System
P0442 - Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (small leak)
P0446 - Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Control Circuit
P0452 - Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Low Input
P0453 - Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor High Input

You can also search the forum for the specific code to see what others have done to fix the problem.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:45 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bzoerb
First I hope I posted in the correct forum. I’ve been have a problem with my 2001 blazer 6 cyc starting I’ve changed quite a few sensors on this thing but still have the same problem, I go to start in the morning or after sitting at work for 8 or more hours and it take 3-4 cranks before it will start sometimes it will start then stall, after it starts its is fine the rest of the day unless I let it sit for a long period of time. Any ideas? I’m thinking fuel pump possibly? Also my gas gauge has never really worked I just go by miles to know when its time to fill up.
Also, another problem looking for help with is an evp code 5 digit code last two are 44 and it says evap system I changed the gas cap purge valve but the check engine light stays on.
Thanks guys I appreciate the help
A good way to help diagnose this is to do key on, let pump prime, key off - key on again.. 3 or four times.

You really should borrow a fuel pressure gauge and check both pressure and leakdown

Old 10-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Beginning Member

Ok i did the key on key off trick I hear the pump and it does seem to start a little better not much but maybe a bit better. Also, the coil, sparkplugs, cap, rotor wires have been changed also not long ago the throttle position, igintion module was changed. I'm going to get the fuel PSI checked this weekend as I don't have one myself.
thanks

Last edited by bzoerb; 10-28-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:30 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

needs to be around 60 psi key on,and hold above 55 for 10 min.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Beginning Member

ok, I will see if autozone has a fuel psi gauge I can use from their loan a tool, also I got a new pump coming since I got a good deal for $80 its same one autozone sells for like 260 so I have it just in case.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Beginning Member

Another thing I'm wondering is the fuel tank pressure sensor part of the whole pump assembly?

Old 10-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Beginning Member

Just called AutoZone they have one on loan a tool so I will be able to check the psi tomorrow. So I'm looking for "60 psi key on, and hold above 55 for 10 min"
Really appreciate the help guys.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Beginning Member
Default ideas

so I checked the fuel pump PSI with key on it was 66-62 and key off held at 58 for 10 min or longer. So any other ideas on this thing? What has been done so far is
crank sensor
tps
ignition module
coil
cap wire plugs

Thanks and hope someone has some info this thing is killing me.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Beginning Member

Another thing I actually forgot to run the engine while the fuel psi tester was hooked up do I need to do that?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Ideas