2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Instalation of A/C delete pulley

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Beginning Member
Gomli is on a distinguished road
Default Instalation of A/C delete pulley

Hey guys, I tried searching the forums as best i could for this but couldn't find what I'm looking for.

i bought a deletion pulley since my AC compressor is seized. The pulley comes with the bracket that sits at the place of the compressor.

My question is what do I do with the two hoses going to the compressor once I remove it ? One of them goes to a metal cylinder near the firewall and the other seems to be going to the bottom of a radiator.

Any insight would be aprpeciated, or a link to a thread I might of missed in my search.

Thanks alot guys !

Jo

Old 01-20-2012, 10:26 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Gomli
Hey guys, I tried searching the forums as best i could for this but couldn't find what I'm looking for.

i bought a deletion pulley since my AC compressor is seized. The pulley comes with the bracket that sits at the place of the compressor.

My question is what do I do with the two hoses going to the compressor once I remove it ? One of them goes to a metal cylinder near the firewall and the other seems to be going to the bottom of a radiator.

Any insight would be aprpeciated, or a link to a thread I might of missed in my search.

Thanks alot guys !

Jo
Did your compressor seize.. or the clutch pulley? find out by turning very front disc at pulley if ut turns free do not remove lines if you can get by, assuming you want AC fixed cheap as possible.

That's important. If the pulley, pull the compressor to the side far as possible and tie it up securely do not take hoses off.
If compressor.. it really doesnt matter, but most folks plug them with rubber corks.