2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Smog air pump hose got cut off by fan!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 08:04 AM
slk34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Smog air pump hose got cut off by fan!

Hi,

I own a 2001 blazer 4WD and the hose that leads to the air pump got cut off and the end of the hose is hanging to the air pump. I looked all around the car and I can't find where it goes on the engine...

any help would be appreciated

Old 06-28-2007, 08:34 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Smog air pump hose got cut off by fan!

Mostlikely is the inlet which just has a ~45* slant cut on it. If it is located on the passenger side of the radiator fan shroud, this is the intended location and look. It should have a zip tie holding it to the lower portion of the fan shroud.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:44 AM

thanks for the reply,

Im getting a code "secondary airflow" and "mass air flow "Incorrect air flow. Im replacing the MAF sensor soon and can i just disconnect this air pump?

Old 06-28-2007, 09:53 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What are the specific codes?

And no, you cannot just disconnect the airpump unless you have the PCM modified to remove the AIR codes.

On the MAF sensor, try cleaning it before you drop the $250+ for a replacement.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:57 AM

I already cleaned the sensor. And I have one on the way right now.. I paid $30 on ebay from a used parts distributor. Has a warranty so it should work fine. Is there any way I can clean up the air pump? Is there some kind of valve that could be bad or anything that is related to the pump? I don't have the codes I just know I have a code for

Fuel Pressure Sensor - Low voltage
Mass Air Flow - Incorrect Air Flow
Secondary Air Flow
Misfire in cylinders 2-4-6

Gas guage reads empty and the low fuel light is on as of yesterday. It used to read halfway when it was empty now it just reads empty all the time now.

thanks

Old 06-28-2007, 10:07 AM
Administrator

By codes, I mean the Pxxxx codes that were present... Descriptions only means I'd have to go searching through hundreds of codes to find them and their diagnostic steps, which I don't have time for... Not to mention the multitude of trouble codes that could relate to those systems.

I guess if you have already cleared the codes, then wait for them to come back again before really worrying about it. Once the CEL comes back on, have the codes read at your local Autozone or Advanced Auto and report back.

The gas gauge doesn't have anything to do with proper engine operation unless you run out of fuel... Really the tank pressure sensor doesn't either. There isn't a fuel pressure sensor. The fuel tank pressure sensor is used for the operation of the EVAP system.