2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

water on floor

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 11:27 PM
Starting Member
stlwaco is on a distinguished road
Default water on floor

2003 ZR2

I have been getting lots of water on the passenger side floor. Carpet is soaked. Hinge bushings and pins are fine.
I am getting multiple drip points under vehicle when ac is running. So thinking the evap drain is clogged, I crawled under the truck. But I can't seem to find a drain tube. I reached under the evap box under the hood and can't find a drain. But since the evap box is under the hood, can it leak to the inside?
Also I noticed I can smell windshield water from the driver seat (windows up) when I spray the windshield. Where would this be coming in? If this can get in, can rain get in?

Thanks
-Mike

Old 07-15-2011, 12:47 AM
Beginning Member
Magman is on a distinguished road

You've got a good sniffer if your smelling winshield wash solution. You sure it isn't radiator fluid you're smelling? Sounds like a leaky heater core to me. Hope it ain't though, that job sucks!

Old 07-15-2011, 07:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The typical cause of a wet floor on the passenger side is a heater core leak as Magman brought up.

The HVAC drain is located at the lowest point in the HVAC housing on the engine side of the firewall. It is directly above the frame and is very difficult to actually see without pulling off the inner fender. It is possible that a stopped up HVAC drain could cause any condensation to dump inside the truck.

Are all of the cowl vent covers (between the hood & the windshield) in place properly with no damage?

Old 07-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Starting Member

The heater core has been bypassed for a couple months now because it leaks. I will try to find the evaporate drain. Cowl looks to be intact without damage.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Beginning Member
cdw78 is on a distinguished road

Is it possible maybe the doors arent sealing good or even the windshield ?
Just a thought.....

Old 07-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Starting Member

I thought that too. I just ran the hose all over that corner of the truck for about an hour. Nothing getting in.
For the evap, I stuck my hand under the box while ac was running. Water is coming thru all along the bottom seam.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a stopped up drain then. There is one spot it should come out of, that I am sure of. If you have to, pull the passenger side inner fender. It isn't that difficult to do. Basically unbolt the PCM & radiator overflow bottle, pop out any wire retaining clips, then unbolt it.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Starting Member

ok. i will have to do that tomorrow then. It has got too hot for anymore work today.

EDIT: I found this post of yours - https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...eres-fix-1091/

if I were to flip the recirc door open, would it be wet in there if the drain is clogged?

Last edited by stlwaco; 07-15-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Administrator

That door is up higher on the HVAC housing than the drain and it is on the cabin side of things. The A/C core is on the engine side of the firewall. It wouldn't hurt to take a look there though.