2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Wet Carpet in the back....pls help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 01:10 AM
PhillyZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wet Carpet in the back....pls help.

Hello there. I just bought a 2003 Blazer LS 2 door. I have had a week or so and just experienced a heavy rainfall...When i lowered the back hatch and felt around in the "Trunk" space i notciced the carpet was quite saturated with water. i checked the seal all the way around it it was dry..Could the water have come from underneath? There is no rust on the vehicle and it didnt appear to have come from above (The seal)Hmmm.. Any help would be great.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:55 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Wet Carpet in the back....pls help.

LS so no sunroof... How does the rear window seal look? Do you have an air compressor? If you do, have a friend on the outside with a blow off nozzle and go around the outside of all of the windows in the back (side and all) as well as around the back hatch area. You'll want to be on the inside with all doors and windows closed and listen for air coming into the interior. Be aware that on the rear pillars there are cabin vents so you may hear something there, but it should sound the same on both sides.

Most of the time when I am diagnosing issues like this I pull the interior trim off and have someone on the outside with a garden hose as water is easier to see than air is to hear in most cases.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:23 AM
PhillyZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah the rear seal looks fine. It wasnt wet or anything, and didnt appear to have any flaws.Just the very back of the carpet was wet. (Closest to ther rear bumber). I fixed my passenger door seal already where there was a leak..I'll try the compressor trick.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:17 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

I had a wet carpet problem in my truck for like 2 years...I found a large gap in the seam running just under neath my passenger side rear door...caulked it...and no more leaks..feel under neath your truck...chances are it's coming from under neath...mine wasn't rust related either..just a gap..

Old 12-11-2008, 07:52 PM
indy is an unknown quantity at this point

Could someone help me please,i have a 98 blazer and i noticed that the cargo area carpet is soaked,but just like half the area(closest to the bumper) i had to set some heaters and fans in the back area to dry it out tonight,it was starting to smell kinda funny in the truck and thats when i stumbled across the wet carpet,i did check the seal and it looks good any help would help me out.Why couldn't this happen in the summer !

Old 10-06-2009, 02:10 AM
Starting Member
visionman is on a distinguished road
Talking check the washer fluid

I had the same problem, started when I was going through washer fluid like crazy; seems the truck was repaired and the check valve in the rear deck was removed and not replaced so when I parked on a driveway on an incline it would leak washer fluid out from the wiper; eventually is jarred loose in the truck and the back was getting wet when I parked on an incline or tried to wash the rear window. does the rear wiper wash work if so then check the seal around the taillights. has the vehicle ever been in an accident in the rear?

99black LS Blazer