2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

What Happened?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 09:39 AM
TheDesertFox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What Happened?

Well I'm driving down the road this morning and all of a sudden my headunit and guages start to flash rapidly. They do so for about 5 sec and then they all go dead. I pull into a pull off and thinking maybe if i shut off and restart it i maybe will reset something. Well i shut it off then try to start it, all i hear is a clicking sound, and while im trying to start it my dash lights flicker. So it deff. seems electrical. Im now sitting at home awaiting the towman. Do any of you guys/gals think u might know what happened?

-Luke

Old 01-02-2007, 10:17 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: What Happened?

Sounds to me like your alternator went dead and the battery finally drained down far enough to shut things down. I'd check your battery connections first, then move on to having the alternator and battery checked.

Old 01-02-2007, 05:37 PM

Yep, u called it Swartlkk. It was the alternator. My friend (long time family machanic) put a new one in there, according to the phone convo. we had he put a lifetime one in there and a bigger one at that. Which makes me glad, ive kinda wanted a bigger one since i got my system in.

Now I just gotta pick it up and pay the bill , which means that throws back my long needed tune-up for a couple of weeks, shucks.

-Luke

Old 01-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Glad I could help!

Old 01-02-2007, 06:40 PM

$235, ouchies. But its a lifetime warrenty alternator and it has seemed to cure my hard start-up problem which i was gonna get the tune-up for anyway, so this might not have been so bad after all.

-Luke