2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

What is this part number?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

That is were the crack is, unfortunately the only way to see under there is with a camera flash and the reflection makes the crack look like casting flash, lol.

the crack runs up into what i believe should have oil running through it. but it doesnt apear to leak. I just need to get this replaced imediatly. proly wouldnt be bad to do the lines at the same time.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Starting Member
95Blzr is an unknown quantity at this point

I had this happen on both my blazers 95 and 98. I have no idea why it cracks at the mounting point, doesn't seem like aluminum to me.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by 95Blzr
I had this happen on both my blazers 95 and 98. I have no idea why it cracks at the mounting point, doesn't seem like aluminum to me.
So what did you do to remedy the situation?

Old 03-25-2009, 10:21 AM

Ok, so now Im thinking that instead it may be cheeper in the long run to just toss the oem filter adapter.

im thinkin of just getting an aftermartket double oil filter, then just replacing that, and running -8AN lines/fittings from the hardlines, to the rad and filter.

what do you think of this idea? no more leaky oil lines and no more adapter block probs?

let me know.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a plan. You really do not need to go to a dual filter arrangement.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Sounds like a plan. You really do not need to go to a dual filter arrangement.
Yah I know but figured it would add oil volume and make me feel cool! other then that would there be any reason NOT to use a double filter?

I have priced the whole setup as stated above and its only like 140$, still cheaper then doing the oem replacement, even with a double filter!

Old 09-03-2009, 07:52 PM

UPDATE: Well seeing as I never aluded to the outcome; I finnaly replaced the adapter last night! OMG, was my oil black! I souldnt think its funny but man it was like sludge, lol!

I have all the parts to do the aftermarket setup still, however atleast now I can change my oil!

Removal and Installation were pretty strait forward; Unbolted the lines, then went in through the valance holes next to the licenseplate and unbolted the main piece. Installation was reverse!

Anywho... Thats the update for now!

Old 09-03-2009, 08:43 PM
bulwaagh is on a distinguished road

wait, you replaced it with OEM ?

as weird as it sounds, I think you just got a bum piece from the factory. it just seems as if it didnt form correctly from the casting (yeah, a long-shot, its not even funny).

At least you got it replaced... 6 months after the post. :P

Quit keeping us hanging like that!!

ninja-edit:

I'm just paranoid with my weeping lines that replacing them with AN fittings won't solve the problem for another 100k miles...

Last edited by bulwaagh; 09-03-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by bulwaagh
wait, you replaced it with OEM ? ...

...I'm just paranoid with my weeping lines that replacing them with AN fittings won't solve the problem for another 100k miles...
Yep, OEM, grabed it from a JY (like 3 month ago, lol).

My worries about the AN fittings are that the hard ends I got need the lines to be flared, I think Ill sell them and get the kind that dont need the lines flared andit will be good. I didnt make up this idea either, I saw it somewhere but that person i think bought new lines and just replaced the soft part. my plan is to use the aftermarket filter and just run the second line straight from the cooler to the block.