2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

01 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 01 Blazer

At the very least I would remove the positive and negative battery cables at the battery and clean them very well before tightening them back down. Battery problems just don't go away, never to rear their ugly head again. It may be gone for the time being (happened with my Bravada too), but if I were a betting man, I'd bet it will come back to bite you when you least expect it.

Actually, this reminds me of a battery I had in my Chevelle way back when. The battery had a cracked plate in it. I had to carry a wrench wrapped with a shop towel in the middle to contact the two battery posts enough to short the battery into jumping the crack in the internal plate. Every so often it would exhibit the exact same symptoms as you have experienced. Shock it and it would be back. Tried this one too many times and had to get a jump on the NYS thruway one day... All over a $60 battery...

So I guess what I'm saying is really look at the terminals on the battery. If you see any signs of corrosion, clean it VERY well. Apply some dielectric grease to all exposed metal surfaces on the battery and cables to protect them.

Hope this helps!

Old 10-21-2007, 10:07 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 01 Blazer

did you do the headlight test like i posted to ya earlier?? It almost sounds like a loose connection at the starter battery terminal...the solenoid on the starter could be cracked at the terminal where the battery hooks on.. Making and breaking contact.... the next time it happens if it does ( knock on wood it doesnt)knock the starter with a hammer !!! if it starts replace your starter dont fix it let the auto store do that part....