2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

01 blazer in England- Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 06:26 PM
2001chevyblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 01 blazer in England- Help!!

Has anyone had any problems with the security system on their Blazer. I have a 2001 S10 Chevy Blazer, the remote locking works but sometimes the security system wont allow the car to turn over or start. Its got so I cant drive it anywhere in case I cant get it started. Sometimes it will start everytime, and others it will just not turn over as if the immobiliser hasnt been turned off. The security light is not flashing, and I dont have the passlock code.
Does anyone know what it could be ? Or how to either disable the system or repair it. I have been told that to do either of them I will need the manufacturers codes, but I am in England, and the dealer who originally sold them from new wont deal with them anymore, and everyone else says it has to be the manufacturer who deals with it as they will have the codes needed.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Default RE: 01 blazer in England- Help!!

Its a 2001 LT model 4.3 by the way with 77000 miles. It hasnt had any recent work done.

Old 05-06-2007, 05:29 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

if your security light isnt flashing, i would think towards the iginition switch.

Old 05-06-2007, 08:59 AM

Wouldn't it at least try to turn over though if it was the ignition ? When I turn the key there is nothing as if the immobiliser hasnt turned off.

Thanks, I will check the ignition though.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:04 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

also, check the wiring and connections at the battery and starter.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:26 PM
moonraker is an unknown quantity at this point

To 01Chevy Blazer
I am in same situation! How did you fix it in the end
moonraker

Old 04-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Scooterewski is an unknown quantity at this point

I,too am in this very same situation[:@]Sometimes it will turn over all day, others I am stranded. Let me know if anything comes of this problem. Currently she's in the garage and not turning over...all connections good. Found the problem! here it goes!

<QUOTE>
OK, here's the low down. After alot of testing and probing, I've located the problem. The neutral saftey switch is faulty.I started at the starter relay. I jumped the relay to see if I could get the starter to engage...Boom! Starter good! So now I know that the problem is between the ignition switch and the relay.SotthenI took the cover off of the steering column and whipped out the faithful test light to see what I could find there. I found that I had the power to the ignition switch itself and then I found the actuator wire and had power there when in the START position...So that leads me to believe that the neutral saftey switch is faulty. I believe the actuator runs from the ignition switch then to the neutral saftey switch and then to the relay, without the neutral saftey switch working, power is not getting to the relay(Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here). So what I did, being that the neutral saftey switch wasn't in stock anywhere, was ran a wire from the actuator wire in the steering column to the starter relay and there it is! Starts like a champ! Completely by-passed the neutral/saftey switch. Hope this helps anyone having a similar problem. The actuator wire was yellow wire but if you have the redundant steering wheel controls there are 2 yellows, the larger of which is carrying like I wanna say, 4 wires inside of it, that's not the one. I believe that is the radio controls(Not sure though). WOW! this was an OOOLLLLLDDD thread...oops!