2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

01 blazer starts the dies

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 03:15 PM
Beginning Member
linje is on a distinguished road

would it be possible for the old switch to skip a tooth, and thats what started this to begin with?

Old 05-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I do not believe it is possible to skip a tooth once it is installed.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Beginning Member

Is a dying fuel pump something that exhibits this behavoir?

Old 05-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

As I said, your pressures look good from what you reported. You would have to monitor pressure while you have your problem to know for sure. This would require having the pressure gauge connected and visible while the problem occurs.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Beginning Member

Thank you, ill hook it up again, but just to clarify, even after the truck stops running
the pressure should not drop below 55 or so psi?

Old 05-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Correct. Not below 55psi.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Beginning Member

Thank you swartlkk for all your time and help.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Beginning Member

Im sorry i keep posting, but with key on i get 60 psi, while egine running i get 55 -56 psi, but when it dies it drops to 42 psi, bad fuel pump?

Old 05-21-2009, 07:10 PM
Administrator

You should check to see if the fuel pump is shutting off just prior to the engine dying. You can do this by probing the power feed to the fuel pump at the relay. If the fuel pump looses voltage just prior to the engine dying, it is not the pump.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Beginning Member

Ok, sorry swartlkk, although i feel like you are quickly becoming my new best friend
the pump does seem to lose voltage as the engine dies. I've swapped relays with a good one, but diddn' seem to matter. What else could trip the power to the fuel pump?

Quick Reply: 01 blazer starts the dies