2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

03 2dr blazer wont fill up

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Beginning Member
elwaykid is on a distinguished road
Exclamation 03 2dr blazer wont fill up

Ok, I have been reading all kinds of suggestions and trying them out on my blazer....nothing has worked so far. this is what I tried: disconnected all 3 lines on charcoal canister......nothing. then I disconnected the vent solenoid, nothing again.....now I replaced the purge solenoid inside the engine compartment......nothing. I ran a garden hose in filler neck as far as I could go, pulled it out and it was dripping with gas.....so I figured I went right to tank...nothing blocking. I don't know what else I could do besides pull tank, gotta be someway to let the tank breathe........Oh, when I fill up with gas I tried moving the nozzle and all that stuff, cant get more than a trickle to go down without it stopping...... my gas gauge bounces too..........
I have not tried the drive to it runs out method yet but I will as of today........PLEASE any suggestions ??????/ thanks

Old 08-05-2014, 06:36 PM
Beginning Member
Leaky 4.3 is on a distinguished road

Not sure how the 03 is, but on a 2000 4WD, the filler is behind the rear tires and the tank is in front of the rear axle running between the frame and the drive shaft. So, the filler connects to a hose that connects to a hard pipe that connects to another hose that finally connects to the tank. It should be a straight shot to the tank if all of these are not clogged somehow. The vent line back to the filler is another hose running from the tank as well. Dropping the spare tire makes looking at all of this much easier. May want to try looking at all of that to make sure something hasn't pinched a hose shut.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Beginning Member

thanks, spare tire is mounted on back and as far as I can see and feel the lines are good....(without dropping tank)
filler neck is metal and connects to a small rubber hose with 2 clamps.
but like I said before I ran hose to tank and believe I hit bottom of tank cuz the hose was dripping when I pulled it out.
still stumped......

Old 08-06-2014, 10:08 AM
LannyL81 is on a distinguished road

Have you tired using some compressed air down the vent hose to see if it is blocked? Low pressure...just enough to tell if air flows or not.

Not sure if a 2dr is the same tank as the 4dr, but there are vent hose connections on the top of the tank; might be able to get a hand up there to see if the hoses are connected or pinched or etc.

May be necessary to lower the tank a little in order to check the vent hoses that run along the frame rail. (If they are the same as a 4dr.)

Old 08-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Beginning Member

im going to try and blow air down filler neck....I will disconnect the canister to see if I get anything.
2dr and 4 dr tanks are different....the 2 dr does NOT have a vent hose on the filler neck

thanks

Old 08-07-2014, 07:48 PM
LannyL81 is on a distinguished road

I looked at my '02 4dr and could not see a vent hose on the filler neck, just the one large diameter hose.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Beginning Member

haven't put gas in truck for 4 days , I figured I would have run out by now...have a 2.5 gallon tank in back ready... I must be getting great gas mileage ...lol

Old 08-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Beginning Member

siphoned all gas out of truck and ran it 10 mins.......put 2 gallons in and drove to gas station , got 4 gallons in before it shut off.......WTF
Dropping tank this weekend

Old 08-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

There is an anti-siphon / roll-over ball in the filler neck, about the size of a ping pong ball, it's probably stuck. It's at the end of the metal filler tube right where the rubber line attaches. You'll need to remove the filler neck to free up the ball, or remove it

Old 08-09-2014, 10:33 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
There is an anti-siphon / roll-over ball in the filler neck, about the size of a ping pong ball, it's probably stuck. It's at the end of the metal filler tube right where the rubber line attaches. You'll need to remove the filler neck to free up the ball, or remove it
Well I used a siphon pump to get 12 gallons of gas out, so it looks like the ball didn't do it's job....

Thanks.

Quick Reply: 03 2dr blazer wont fill up