2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

1995 Chev Blazer Fuel smell bad.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 12:45 PM
insanefirewall is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BLAZERMAN911
i bet that more and likely your regulator is leaking on the spider injector. u can pull off the vortec cover on top of intake and in the middle there is a 2 wire plug. unplug it and remove the two screws that u see right there on top of the sensor. when u remove the 2 screws u can grab ahold of sensor and slowly work it back and fourth and up till it comes out. its real easy. once u got that out u can get a flashlight and look down in the intake. the regulator will be on passenger side and thats more and likely your problem. if u see any fuel in their then u got a leak. when u look down in their both sides should be carboned up black. or u can just pull the upper plenum off to get better look to see if u got gas stainding in the bottom. its not a hard job either. you can have it off in about 30 to 50 mins tops. i was having the same problems with mine too. do u have a check engine light on? and whats the codes ur getting?

Yep, i was gonna replace the distrubuter cap and rotar and decided to just check that while i was at it. and sure enough there is a pool of fuel on the passanger side.

So what do i need to go to autozone and buy now lol.

whats the exact name of that regulator.?

is it this:
Code:
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/1995-Chevrolet-S10-Blazer-4WD/Fuel-Pressure-Regulator/_/N-j1sytZ8vd1h?filterByKeyWord=regulator&fromString=search
Thanks

Old 03-12-2011, 03:11 PM

Ok Job Done, Heres an image of when i just took off the top plenum.
You can see where the fuel really pooled up.
Then i changed the oil. yes there was fuel in the oil.
Now when i start it up it starts very hard turns over and over and over. then it finally starts ( before it would pretty much start right up) But when i finally does start it runs like a kitten. no more first gear sluggish, no more engine shaking. But the hard starting. i can let it run for about 5 minutes fine then shut it off and try to start it right up, and it wont, ,

It does after about 3 or 4 trys with the key.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:07 AM

ok, in the morning it almost kills the battery when trying to start it, but at work it fires up at every break, in the morning it dont even spit or sputter, just turns over and over, then after about 50 time it finally fires up. drives great when running. so the fuel pump has to be good.. i dont get it.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:18 PM

Ok another update.

ive found that holding the key to start wont fire the engine, but if i just tap the key once or twice the engine will start right up.... every time even in the morning... weird...