2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

1996 Blazer HVAC blower motor HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2023, 01:58 PM
Beginning Member
Bigbillblazer is on a distinguished road
Default 1996 Blazer HVAC blower motor HELP!

Hi everyone, I can't seem to find a post that mentions my problem....I know it's nothing new, many of you have probably been in the same mess before. I am replacing the blower motor in my 1996 LT Blazer, 4.3 of course, and have viewed many you tube links, regarding cutting around the motor / AC housing, and of course we don't realize that after all the years the plastic housing just disintegrates into pieces, no matter how careful you are.
My question is, is there a replacement housing for this, or, is it OK to just leave the broken area open? In other words, if left unprotected, will cold air get in the heater housing in the winter, and warm air get in there while using the AC in the summer? Please let me know, any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
BILL

Old 04-14-2023, 10:36 AM
Beginning Member
Bigbillblazer is on a distinguished road

Little surprised, no response from anybody?

Old 04-14-2023, 06:24 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Likely due to the section you posted in. The 'Website problems & Suggestions' section is for issues with the website and/or ideas for ways to make things better around here and isn't frequented by many of the regular commenters.

I'll move it to the 2nd Gen Tech section which is likely more appropriate. The section descriptions will give you an idea of what type of topics each section is meant for.

As to your problem, I am not aware of any replacements for the outer cover, but it is not a necessary component in a lot of respects. So long as the HVAC enclosure is intact, it should function normally. The cover was more of an insulative piece to keep engine bay heat away from the underhood HVAC housing.