2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

1999 blazer clicking issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Beginning Member
Bacardi_J is on a distinguished road
Default 1999 blazer clicking issue

I have a clicking issue like if the turn lights were on currently going on. I saw in another thread that it could be an issue with the hazard lights or the multifunction switch. How do I determine the root cause? Any help is appreciated

Old 12-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If messing with the hazard switch causes the clicking to stop, then you know it is a hazard switch fault. If that doesn't help, then the problem could still be the hazard switch or it could be the entire multifunction switch.

There are plenty of threads out there on the subject. Some in the Tech Article (DIY) section go over the replacement of the hazard switch itself (<$20) as well as others that go over the replacement of the entire hazard switch (more expensive). Someone recently posted a link to a thread on another forum that detailed cleaning the multifunction switch, but this should only be attempted if you are willing to buy a new multifunction switch because the potential to loose parts is ever present when disassembling spring loaded assemblies.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Beginning Member
Bacardi_J is on a distinguished road

So by messing with the hazard switch your saying I should replace it?

Old 12-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Since I am not there to physically diagnose your problem and there isn't enough information in your original post to form a concrete solution, I cannot say for certain what you should replace. All I can do is recommend areas for your to inspect and to read through what other people have went through under the same circumstances.

A quick search for "clicking+dash" should get you started on that last part.