2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2000 blazer 4.3 very high idle after attempting cold air intake assembly

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 12:26 AM
Beginning Member
Extracrucial is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 blazer 4.3 very high idle after attempting cold air intake assembly

Hi my 2000 blazer 4.3 4x4, 2Door LS started idling when starting cold or hot at about 2500rpm I couldn’t mount my new spectre cold air intake because of a stripped nut I need off to put the screw extensions on to mount the piece that mounts to the throttle body... it ran great the first time changed but I came back and pulled two O2 sensors one in the back and one on the passenger side,cleaned them with carb cleaner and a brush then switched one last old plug to a new one to complete 6new NGK Gpower platinum plugs, it has new OEM plug wires , new battery, I cleaned the throttle body and the MAF sensor, I have 3 different MAF’s so I tried different ones even tried them running unplugged , no better... I tried resetting the ECU by unplugging the battery,no good.. i can’t get codes no time soon so, I have 99,200 miles, did I mess something up trying to switch the top piece of the cold air intake because I took off the piece that mounts to the throttle body and am using my factory one with the intake hose to connect to the rest of the cold air intake PLEASE HELP

Last edited by Extracrucial; 10-06-2020 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Pics added if reason for cold air intake not mounting
Old 10-07-2020, 01:13 PM
BF Veteran
GeorgeLG will become famous soon enough

I'm not following the whole process of modifying your air intake but you may have a vacuum leak, a faulty AIC valve, or an air intake path that has leaks.

George

Old 12-12-2020, 08:35 PM
Beginning Member
Extracrucial is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by GeorgeLG
I'm not following the whole process of modifying your air intake but you may have a vacuum leak, a faulty AIC valve, or an air intake path that has leaks.

George

sorry I didn’t think anyone would reply I found the issue! It was a star screw that is in the front of the throttle body to the left it was pushing the throttle from being screwed in too far I backed it out and it doesn’t surge or idle high anymore ! But now I have distributor installment issues that is holding me back from being code free and auctually ruining my life, if you’d like a link to my post or if you could (if you have the time & feel like being a swell guy) - inbox me and tell me the actual Correct way to install a EDI distributor after jumping time. Thanks!