2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2000 Blazer 4.3L fuel delivery problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 06:09 PM
WrenchTurnerDave is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 Blazer 4.3L fuel delivery problem

Hi guys, have a question.

I have a 2000 Blazer with the 4.3L with the "spider" injection system. Fuel pump is working, but according to gauge I only have exactly 60 psi. I already checked fuse, relay, spark...I'm not sure what it's problem is.

If anyone has dealt with this please let me know. I'd like to get it fixed soon. Tries to turn over but doesn't hit. Is it a fuel pressure issue even at 60 psi?

Old 07-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Key on, engine off, fuel pump running, pressure must be 60psi to 66psi. It must remain above 55psi for at least 10 minutes after the pump shuts off. 60psi is borderline, but it should still start. Might want to check spark. Pull the coil wire from the distributor, prop it up one half inch from ground and crank the starter. Should be a rythmic blue, not orange, spark.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:31 AM

I've already checked spark with an oscilloscope.

I've also noticed that with the engine off, key out or in, I get a yellow flashing security light. I'm wondering if the PASSLOCK system is messing with me.

Old 07-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

The "Security" light should be off with the ignition on, and when cranking. If Passlock detects a "theft situation" the BCM commands the PCM to disable the fuel injectors. A capable scan tool is necessary to access and retrieve the body codes from the BCM. The DTC's start with "B", and a powertrain scan tool will not access them.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:00 PM

I've got a good scan tool, there are no body codes. I was just curious if it was supposed to do that or not.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:28 PM

Check on the PCM and BCM data listings for "injector disable", "fuel disable", and "theft detected". Not sure how it will be listed on your scan tool.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
Check on the PCM and BCM data listings for "injector disable", "fuel disable", and "theft detected". Not sure how it will be listed on your scan tool.
It's listed almost just like that. No codes stored or pending.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:51 PM

Each of those that I listed should show a status after it, "YES" or "NO".

You can check in the owners manual, it will tell when the light should, or should not be on.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:56 PM

they all say yes

Old 07-02-2014, 05:10 PM

Then the problem is with Passlock. It is disabling the injectors, and a possible theft situation was/is detected. You'll need to access the Passlock module to find out what the problem is. The most common problem is the sensor at the ignition lock cylinder does not recognize the key you're using.

EDIT: Most auto parts stores either have it in stock, or can order it: http://www.dormanproducts.com/gsearc...word&q=924-713

Last edited by Captain Hook; 07-02-2014 at 05:23 PM.

Quick Reply: 2000 Blazer 4.3L fuel delivery problem