2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2000 Blazer 4x4 module or motor??

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 08:01 PM
roypai is on a distinguished road

hehe - i void warranties - most torx screws will come out with the right size allen key if they're not in too tight

you're probably like me - you can learn stuff like electrical if you could just find the right teacher to break it down right - but GOOD teachers really are few and far between these days

Old 09-17-2013, 07:33 AM
Starting Member
sky_blazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by roypai
hehe - i void warranties - most torx screws will come out with the right size allen key if they're not in too tight

you're probably like me - you can learn stuff like electrical if you could just find the right teacher to break it down right - but GOOD teachers really are few and far between these days
amen to that brother, also i have the right torx bit but it has the peg in the middle so the bit needs the hole in the middle to turn the screw. maybe ill just grind the screws off

Old 09-17-2013, 08:23 PM

ahh yes - you said that - 'security' torx - you might try a dremel with a diamond grit ball or burr bit in it to remove the peg - you'll need a couple beers to steady your hand tho

Old 09-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Starting Member

lol ill give that a shot (ROFL couple beers). anyway does anybody have any suggestions for putting on the new motor? i hear alot of people having problems getting everything to line up. are there any ways around if the motor happens to not be in 2hi setting? i hear the new one are supposed to be in 2hi from factory. mine is not exactly brand new i ordered a used replacement off ebay cause i figure waste 30 if it didnt fix it opposed to wasting 170 for brand new. i will probably get a brand new part still down the road, just working with what i got at the moment

Old 09-19-2013, 02:04 PM
Starting Member

UPDATE: the new motor arrived today, i installed it, but i dont think that was the problem. i included a video of what its doing now. its acting totally ridiculous now, i can hear it engage in the background. i ran the DTC for TC and still getting the 002 code, im getting frustrated lol

Last edited by sky_blazer; 09-19-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:24 PM
Starting Member

i got the motor off again (that is a PITA hopefully this is last time) i followed the wire harness up the transmission into the engine compartment and it looks like it connects to this connector next to the brake booster. what is this connecting to? and where does it go from there?

Attached Thumbnails 2000 Blazer 4x4 module or motor??-blazer-017.jpg  
Old 09-19-2013, 05:27 PM

the transfer case control module is on the right side of the passenger foot well - if you're sitting the the passenger seat and swing your foot to the right that plastic trim you're kicking hides the TCCM - i can't remember exactly how it comes off but I'm pretty sure its just snapped into place.

The wires from the TC leads first to the TCCM and then another bunch heads up to the switch in the dash

Have you replaced/checked your dash switch yet?

I'm going over the wiring diagrams HERE trying to figure out if you can just jump pins to see if the switch is buggered

the DTC 2 encoder fault may actually be in the wires not the encoder motor - there's info HERE to help track that down if you hadn't found it yet

Old 09-20-2013, 07:49 AM
Starting Member

i have not replaced the selector or TCCM yet only because when i turn the ignition to run i see all the lights light up the illuminate the current mode the TC is in i heard that indicates no problem with the selector, and everytime i push a button i hear the TCCM click so i figured that too was in working condition. i too an thinking something with the encoder wires, but i am terrible at that stuff. i did follow the connector from encoder motor up to the front of the truck into the engine bay and it looked like it connected to that connector which from there looks like it runs into the main harness along the firewall but i cant be sure.

Old 09-24-2013, 02:12 PM
Starting Member

UPDATE: i finally broke down and took it to my mechanic since he is better with wire tracing then me. i cannot help but feel like less of a man for it lol. anyway he said he hooked it up to his scanner, and informed me that he could not get it to communicate with the TCCM. i stopped by today and showed him the error code by jumping pins on the DLC (2) and he seemed kinda surprised about that. im not sure how long he is gonna have my blazer cause he said his son (who is a teaches at local tech center) was gonna get some information on diagnosing electric 4x4 on S Series trucks, so undetermined amount of time with no Blazer :/

Old 09-27-2013, 06:56 PM
Starting Member

bump...

Quick Reply: 2000 Blazer 4x4 module or motor??