2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2000 Blazer Rear Gate release inop

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 09:34 AM
drlivingston is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 Blazer Rear Gate release inop

I pressed the rear gate release button and something popped. Now, I hear the electrical release, but the latch will not disengage. I would appreciate some help on getting access to the latch or any information on it's repair. thanks

Old 03-04-2010, 10:33 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Hey there, the new member area is to stop in and say hello... your question should go elsewhere

but... if you use the search button you'll find things like https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...hatch+actuator

Old 03-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Moving to 2nd Gen Tech*

Definitely check out the link posted above! That is the most likely cause.

If you would like, you can create a new welcome thread in the New Member Area.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Beginning Member
ryanarmstrong is on a distinguished road

can u get the gate open if so take the screws out of the inside panel then take the plastic off to access the locks and latches take them out and clean the carp out of them use white lithium grease and spray all moving parts and put back in door then move on to locks do the same rembering how they came out and then last check the lock pins to see if they are loose or if the plastic clips are broken if not screw everything back up and close gate check if it will reopen. hope this helps later dude

Old 03-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Fozzy is on a distinguished road

In my sons blazer, the plastic "grabber/pusher" was broken in half and could not open the release latch. Removed the rear cover off the tailgate interior cover (the wrong way) and simply put on a new one. It snaps onto the plunger on the electric actuator.

Chevy will try to sell you the whole unit!

You can get them off Rock Auto or I have three of them left! I didn't know they came two to a pack.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:50 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

I did this exact fix last summer and only broke the plastic tab right by the lock. The little plastic on the actuator broke and was replaced with the Rock Auto piece for like 4 dollars shipped to my door. Works great and i have a spare in case it breaks again.. Probably my fault from not closing the tail gate properly.. You live and you learn..

I used that exact thread last summer, its saved in my favorites just in case

Old 03-05-2010, 08:54 AM
drlivingston is on a distinguished road
Default Waiting for the parts

I found (I hope) the parts and they have been shipped. Thanks for all your help in directions and links to other similar sites. My first visit to Blazer Form (Had the 2000 since it was new can you believe it?) I too have this site on my favorites.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:19 PM
rvaughn42 is on a distinguished road

first time to use blazer forum so not sure if this is proper way to ask question. my back lift glass will not open. i think i found the answer to the problem but how do you remove interior cover on gate to get to accuator if glass wont open and gate wont drop

Old 04-18-2010, 08:14 PM
jjnemoiii is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rvaughn42
first time to use blazer forum so not sure if this is proper way to ask question. my back lift glass will not open. i think i found the answer to the problem but how do you remove interior cover on gate to get to accuator if glass wont open and gate wont drop
Follow link in post #2, directions are there.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MTopper
I did this exact fix last summer and only broke the plastic tab right by the lock. The little plastic on the actuator broke and was replaced with the Rock Auto piece for like 4 dollars shipped to my door. Works great and i have a spare in case it breaks again.. Probably my fault from not closing the tail gate properly.. You live and you learn..

I used that exact thread last summer, its saved in my favorites just in case
Can you possibly link us to that part?

Thanks,

Quick Reply: 2000 Blazer Rear Gate release inop