2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2000 Blazer V6

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Trail Blazer Slick! is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 Blazer V6

Hi to all you Blazer Folks out there!
I need some advise guys n gals.
I bought a 2000 Blazer last week here in England,which has immobiliser prob,which i new about.
Turn key,no crank,i put a multimeter on batt earth,then ign side on starter,tried to crank & she fired up!
ran her fo 1/2 hour,shut off then started again,left for few hours & no crank again
Does anyone know if theres an ecu upgrade or bypass available to disarm the immob?
Any info will be appreciated
Many Thanks
Dar

Old 12-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Moving to 2nd Gen Tech* - The new member area is for new member introductions only. Please create a new introduction thread if you like.

There isn't a lot of info around here about the foreign market trucks since many of the quirks are not covered in a reference material that we have available state-side.

Old 12-06-2010, 04:21 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

There have been many foreign friends who have dealt with the infamous "immobiliser" problem.

Have a look through these threads to see if anything jumps out at you.

Search: "immobiliser" CLICK

Old 12-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

THIS SEARCH LINK might work better.

Or, if you want to search for "immobiliser".

Gotta do the 'blazerforum.com/forum/search.php?do=process&query=immobilizer' thing. Can't just link to the URL of search results as that URL will expire.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Thumbs up Immob non start

Originally Posted by swartlkk
*Moving to 2nd Gen Tech* - The new member area is for new member introductions only. Please create a new introduction thread if you like.

There isn't a lot of info around here about the foreign market trucks since many of the quirks are not covered in a reference material that we have available state-side.
Hi Guys
thanks for your advice & help.
i`ll have a read thru some threads tonite,fingers crossed,
I cant wait to drive her!
Thanks again ,i`ll keep you posted
Darren

Old 12-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Thumbs up Ref,immob prob...No more!

Hi Guys n Gals
Just to let you all know that i`ve been cruizin in my Blazer for the last week! oh & in the snow!
I had all the lower dash out,trying to figure it out for a few days,was struggling tho,so i called an auto elec/immob guy not far from me,which my buddy in the RAC put me on to.
Dropped her off 10pm Fri nite,(heavy snow that nite to)
he called me Sat 11am all done!!
I couldnt believe it,even more so a very very good price......60 quid!
If anybody wants his no let me know
The US immob is still working perfect.the guy i spoke to at Bauer Millet explained that he`d lost count of how many English secondary immob`s he`d removed, they are a `nitemare`so common in packing up!
Very very helpful,friendly company.
So i`ll keep on this site n hopefully keep in touch with yall!
Happy New Year to all you Blazer owners out there!
And thanks again
Darren

Old 12-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Glad you got it all fixed up.

It would be nice for others that may come into the same problem to know how to possibly fix it themselves, but you might not be able to pry that information out of the guy who did the work for you.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Smile Cruizin around!

Yeah sure, i can always ask him,
i mite call down there in the New Year & see him
Ive gotta get a new battery for her now,been flat past few days,
i`ll get one next week.
Hope yours is goin ok?
What year is your Blazer?
Darren

Old 12-13-2011, 02:50 PM
jwz28454 is on a distinguished road

am in dorset and have same problem would appreciate phone number of garage i know its a year on but it would be nice