2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2000 blazer zr2 clicking under passenger dash??? Please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Try replacing the hazard switch first. Much cheaper & easier!

98+ Hazard Switch Replacement
Broken Hazard Switch Repair

Old 05-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Starting Member
dj00140 is on a distinguished road

when I had thhis problem my lights would flash turned out to be my light switch I got one for $5.00 on craigslist from someone parting out a blazer. So you have to find out what switch is going bad

Old 12-04-2011, 11:35 AM
BNAzer is on a distinguished road
Default Turn signal random clicking

Working thru minor mechanical issues with my 98 S-10.

My turn signal relay switch randomly/annoyingly clicks, sometimes for seconds, other times for a few minutes. It stops slicking when brakes applied.

Wondering if problem is really in the turn signal LEVER on steering column. Could the lever be just loose enough that it sags and makes electrical contact internally just because of road vibration. (tires need balanced/replaced)

The turn signals do not flash at any time when the random clicking is heard.

I already replaced the $14 switch behind the glove box... no fix.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Beginning Member
HighAlt is on a distinguished road

It is the multi function arm, left side steering column. I had same problem, replacment sloved prob.

HighAlt

Old 12-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BNAzer
Working thru minor mechanical issues with my 98 S-10.

My turn signal relay switch randomly/annoyingly clicks, sometimes for seconds, other times for a few minutes. It stops slicking when brakes applied.

Wondering if problem is really in the turn signal LEVER on steering column. Could the lever be just loose enough that it sags and makes electrical contact internally just because of road vibration. (tires need balanced/replaced)

The turn signals do not flash at any time when the random clicking is heard.

I already replaced the $14 switch behind the glove box... no fix.
Start with the hazard switch replacement. If that doesn't cure your problem, then the entire multifunction switch needs to be replaced.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ Quoting my post above to point out the links \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Originally Posted by swartlkk
Try replacing the hazard switch first. Much cheaper & easier!

98+ Hazard Switch Replacement
Broken Hazard Switch Repair

Old 12-22-2011, 12:57 PM
BNAzer is on a distinguished road

Tore out the dash to install new radio.

Decided to spray the "heck" out of the emergency flasher p/b with contact spray...be sure to put rag on floor to catch runoff.

Cycled the red p/b about 300 times during the washdown...wallah, no clicking now for over a week.

Thinking the internal contacts inside m/f switch were grimed out.
Saved $137 (at least for now)...

M/F Switch - $137
Contact spray - $3
No clicking - U know the rest...

Old 12-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Beginning Member
bernie11 is on a distinguished road

Where did you spray the contact spray? What contact spray did you use? I am having the same problem on my 1999 Chevy Blazer. Thanks

Old 12-30-2011, 02:15 PM
Tony H is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 12-31-2011, 04:20 PM
Beginning Member
bernie11 is on a distinguished road

I have a 1999 Chevy Blazer with the radio controls on both sides of the steering wheel. I am trying to replace the multifunction switch. I disconnected the battery and took out the air bag fuse. On both sides of the radio controllers on the steering wheel, I see the clips to push out to release the air bag. I have 1 torx screw and 1 clip on both sides. I see a lot of people posting about 4 clips. I am figuring because this blazer came with the option of the radio controllers also on the steering wheel that this is why I only have 2 clips? I am not sure but would like some help to confirm? Also how to these clips pop out?? I am using a flat head screw driver but have had no luck. Anyone with some information, pictures or video would be greatly appreciated. I can also give my email if this helps. Really want to get this over and done with. Thanks Bernie

Old 01-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Beginning Member
BB3439 is on a distinguished road

A new flasher cost me $12, it was a waste of money! I went down to the local U-Pull-R Parts and paid a $10 yard charge and $2 more for the switch.... Yup $12 total. Of the 10 Blazers they had, only 1 had a switch that was intact, most were chopped off at the lower connectors. It could have taken 15 minutes to pull the part, but the steering column was locked and I had to find someone to loan me a wrench to get at the bolt behind the wheel. The 2nd $12 was a GOOD investment.

Quick Reply: 2000 blazer zr2 clicking under passenger dash??? Please help