2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2000 Chevy Blazer 4x4 no fire

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 01:32 PM
jameshannahjames is on a distinguished road

Hello This is my first post on this site so please help me. I have a 2000 chevy blazer and started it up and it ran for about two minuites then it just died. Checked the icm and the parts place tested it as bad so I replaced it. Still no start checked the coil still no fire from coil to the distrubrator cap so oviously no spark I forgot to mention that I changed the coil alse and still not getting any spark Any help would be appreciated. when I turn the key over it cranks but no fire at all not even a spark from the coil.
Thank you,
James

P.s I am sure there is fuel even poured gas in the carb no fire please help

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-05-2010 at 03:38 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

So you've changed the coil and ICM.

Have you double/triple checked the connections at both? Is the ICM getting power (pin A - pink wire from fuse ECM1) and ground (pin C - black wire which ties into the grounds located on the backs of both cylinder heads)? The coil is also powered off the ECM1 fuse to the pink wire (also pin A for the coil).

Old 12-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Default Thank you so much

I will get a voltage tester and test it any ideas on how to test the ground or should I ground it myself. to be sure thank you so much now I have at least a start. I really do apreciate your time. also do I test the hot wire while the key is on or off or on acc please? Or is it always hot

Old 12-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The key should be on. To test ground, connect the clamp side of the test light to the positive terminal on the battery.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Default Thank you

Thank you so much, will do be like a week or so till I test it Will ya check up on me later? you have been so helpful.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Post up then and let us know what you found.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Dave455 is on a distinguished road

I have been experiencing similar problems as James but it seem only when it is cold outside 50 degrees or less.I am not getting spark out of the coil. I changed the Crankshaft sensor and camshaft sensor. The ICM is good. If I try to start the vehicle it will crank all day long but if I slowly release the key twords run position it will fire. Again this only happens when it is cold I have been starting the vehicle every hour and let it warm up to max engine temp 155 or keep it in a heated garage overnight. I just recently discovered the slow release method but don't know how long my luck will hold up with that. If anyone has an idea that would be great its getting cold here in Chicago and I don't want to get stranded.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Administrator

Have you tested for voltage at the ICM & coil as I detailed above? If you do not find voltage on the proper pins with the key in the 'start' position, and the fuses have all tested good using a continuity tester (multimeter) then you likely have a problem with the contacts in the ignition switch.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Default No ground

well I tested the pink wire it is hot but the ground is dead

Old 12-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Administrator

The ground traces back to the back of the passenger side cylinder head. You could run a new ground for it if that is the only thing that is not properly connected in the ICM.

Quick Reply: 2000 Chevy Blazer 4x4 no fire