2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2000Blazer driver seat dosen't lean back !??? HELP !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009 | 02:49 PM
YorkQC is on a distinguished road
Default 2000Blazer driver seat dosen't lean back !??? HELP !!!

Hi!

i just bought a blazer2000 and my first deception is that the driver seat dosen't lean back (like if i would like sleep in driver seat)

is it broken or is it normal???

I've been searching the web for hours and found nothing...

Help me please !

Mats

Old 06-07-2009 | 03:53 PM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point

gonna ask a stupid question but the handle is there right? i do no that a big problem on these trucks is the handles breaking both of mine are broken

Old 06-07-2009 | 04:56 PM
RonJon is an unknown quantity at this point

first question is: is an electric seat or manual? If it's electric; on the side of the seat are two controls, forward one parallel with seat bottom moves entire seat up & down, forward & back, tilts it back and forth. Rear one parallel with seat back lays the seat back like you desire. If you have 'em and they don't work then it's an electrical problem. If you don't have the electric seat then yeah, the handle is broke off. Mine has electric driver and manual passenger seat

Old 06-08-2009 | 02:34 PM
Default mmmm

Thx for the fast answer!!

its a non-electric, the handle dosen't seem to be broken, the seat goes down/forward perfectly.

BUT the handle, instead of being on the low side of the seat is located on the side, on the "back" part of the seat

.......l
.......l
.......l (driver seat, dots=necesary for )
---> l____

thx again!!

Last edited by YorkQC; 06-08-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-08-2009 | 02:48 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by YorkQC
Thx for the fast answer!!

its a non-electric, the handle dosen't seem to be broken, the seat goes down/forward perfectly.

BUT the handle, instead of being on the low side of the seat is located on the side, on the "back" part of the seat

l
l
l
---> l____

thx again!!

Is your truck 2 door? The way you describe it, it sounds like you are talking about the handle on the back of the seat that is used to push it forward to allow passengers to get in the back. The actual back part (where you rest your back while driving) of the seat is controlled by a handle located on the door side of the seat.. Mine just so happens to be broken as well.

Old 06-08-2009 | 03:16 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

ya, there should be two handles on the seat, a lower horizontal mounted one, and a vertical mounted one located on the back-rest portion of the seat... The vertical one tilts the seat forward in order to allow for passenger access... the horizontal one tilts the back-rest forward and backward... If you havn't found it it's probably because the handle is broken... I've actually seen the rod that the handle twists break, depending on where it broke you could be SOL... I'd suggest posting some pics.

Old 06-08-2009 | 03:34 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

ROFL. Both of mine are broken off too. Right where the handle ends and the pot-metal shaft (heh) that runs into the seat starts.

If you are planning on sleeping in your Blazer, just pop the hatch and lay down the rear seats. PooF! Now you have a bed that fits you, you and a pal, or you +2 if you're a freak like that (though not comfortably ) A lot less homeless kid looking that way, now you look like you're camping.

*BTW g/l finding a junkyard seat that ISN'T broken. Unless you can get a power seat OR swipe something elses seat (i.e. a Yukon) You're stuck. Welcome to being a Blazer owner

Old 06-08-2009 | 03:36 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

mine seat handle broke the other day too...i havent touched since i bought the blazer 2 years ago and one day i open the door and the handle is just siiting on the floor.

Old 06-08-2009 | 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by okvortec
The actual back part (where you rest your back while driving) of the seat is controlled by a handle located on the door side of the seat.. Mine just so happens to be broken as well.

yes its 2 doors !!

the handle can make de seat goes down (front side) but not backward like i would sleep, is it broken anyway???

And i haven't seen anything looks like i have a HORIZONTAL ONE missing.....

Last edited by YorkQC; 06-08-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-08-2009 | 05:02 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Reserved for pics. Give me a few minutes to take some and upload em.

Quick Reply: 2000Blazer driver seat dosen't lean back !??? HELP !!!