2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2001 s-10 2 door sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 10:08 PM
Beginning Member
prkrgrp is on a distinguished road
Default 2001 s-10 2 door sport

got back from a road trip pulled into the drive way to unload engine was running no problem when I get back in to park the dash lights radio are not working and brake pedal went to the floor only light that came on was the engine low fuel?

Old 05-07-2014, 10:31 PM
Starting Member
DimeBlazr is on a distinguished road

Ignition switch fried and you blew a brake line at the same time. Problem solved...next!

No just kidding, the first part sounds like typical ignition switch problems or a bad gage cluster, brake pedal going to the floor usually only happens when a line blows, look for a fluid leak behind any of the wheels or along the driver side fram rail.

As for the coincidence of the two happening at the same time and not being related? I dont know...crazy??

Old 05-08-2014, 09:51 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by DimeBlazr
Ignition switch fried and you blew a brake line at the same time. Problem solved...next!

No just kidding, the first part sounds like typical ignition switch problems or a bad gage cluster, brake pedal going to the floor usually only happens when a line blows, look for a fluid leak behind any of the wheels or along the driver side fram rail.

As for the coincidence of the two happening at the same time and not being related? I dont know...crazy??
thanks for the reply I didn't see any fluid that was my first scare hahaha will check the ignition, I would of thought the engine would have stopped if the switch blew out, anyway thanks

Old 05-08-2014, 02:12 PM
Beginning Member
Default update

Originally Posted by prkrgrp
got back from a road trip pulled into the drive way to unload engine was running no problem when I get back in to park the dash lights radio are not working and brake pedal went to the floor only light that came on was the engine low fuel?
went out started up just fine, all the gauges working, no lites, no window wipers, power windows don't work, no turn signals, only dash lite that came on was the service engine lite but as soon as engine stared it went off, radio works ok, will check the fuses?? any other advice would be great.