2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

3rd brake light question and other question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Starting Member
Numba1Sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3rd brake light question and other question.

i have found both fuses for the (chmsl) but it says im suppose to have a relay for it in the under the hood fuse box. which in my case is not there at all, and when i look at the fuse box there is no female plugs in there to accept the relay. my 3rd brake light has not worked since i got it. any info on this issue?

second question: not sure if anyone has had this happen to them. BUT, sometimes when i go to shift after hitting the brakes and comming to a stop. my abs light and emergency light pop on for a couple seconds then go off as if nothing happened, and there is no codes at all. and sorry if i asked this question before because i cant remember for crap lately.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Starting Member
Default RE: 3rd brake light question and other question.

figured out the first problem.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The second problem/annoyance could be from a loose parking brake switch.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Starting Member

where abouts it that located?

Old 01-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Starting Member
95Blzr is an unknown quantity at this point

Could the light also be caused from low fluid in the reservoir?

Old 01-07-2009, 08:18 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: Numba1Sean

where abouts it that located?
On the parking brake pedal assembly, next to your left foot when sitting in the driver seat.

ORIGINAL: 95Blzr

Could the light also be caused from low fluid in the reservoir?
Yes, it could. However, I would have a good look at the brake pads front and rear. Unless you have a brake fluid leak, which I am sure you would know, the only other reason for a low brake fluid level is worn pads. If you fill the reservoir now and then end up replacing the pads, you can over flow the reservoir. A low reservoir is a sign that pads are getting low given a sealed system.

It could also be a momentary loss of WSS (wheel speed sensor) signal which could be caused by a dirty reluctor ring in the front wheel bearing assemblies. But check the parking brake pedal and brake pads / fluid reservoir first.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:48 PM
jomin1016 is on a distinguished road

So how'd ya figure out the first problem?