2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

4LO no 4HI problem :-)

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Gilliam is on a distinguished road
Talking 4LO no 4HI problem :-)

I couldnt find a post specific to my problem that I have. I own a 1995 Blazer LS vin W. My problem or should I say problems are as such: 4wd actuator is bad due to the hole in it, I believe that when the motor was rebuilt the vac lines were improperly replaced, the hvac controls have no affect on the output of the air, the hvac controls seem to hiss no matter what option is selected, and my 4wd will not engage.

I believe that all these symptoms are related in a way. I really just want the 4wd to function properly again. I would like to find a post or link to show me the proper vac diagram to ensure that my hoses are in the right places. Lastly im hoping that in this mess my hvac controls will begin to work again.

For the 4wd nonsense which is the 3 button. I have removed the actuator due to the huge hole found in the diaphram and blocked off the vac hose. I have pulled the cable by hand and then proceded to engage the 4wd. The problem is that when 4wd is engaged I can only get 4LO to operate the front wheels when 4HI is selected I have no front wheels. 2HI works flawlessly with or without the cable for the front wheels pulled. My switch does not always properly display what mode the vehicle is in. At times reguardless of which mode the vehicle is in the proper light will either be on such as in 2HI it shows 2HI and sometimes doesnt light up the button at all and same with the 4wd modes. Any input on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Now for the climate controls. I have no control of where the output comes from mainly from the defrost and floor I think. I believe there could be a leak or leaks in the vac lines either at the controls or in the engine compartment causing a low vac pressure and or hiss from the controls. I have taken apart the actual control **** that selects the various outputs and regreased it very lightly of course and still I get a hiss from this control it lessens when I squeese the assembly between the control and the clear rubber like plug that houses the lines. I am truly lost on this problem and would find it beneficial to find a vac diagram for it and the engine compartment. Thanks

Again I apologise for the lengthy post but I believe all these problems are related.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The post doesn't have to be specific to your problem for it to be relevant to your problem... There are many posts on these very same issues all over the forum. And your problems are definitely related.

Quick search for "vacuum diagram" resulted in this thread about halfway down the page:
95 blazer s10 vacumn diagram

Old 02-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Gilliam is on a distinguished road

Thank you that diagram has helped show me that there is incorrectly routed vac hoses.