2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 blazer has to be jumped to start?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 11:40 AM
Beginning Member
PhantomZ is on a distinguished road

ok if i take the plenum off don't i have to replace gaskets?.. and this is a stupid question but never worked on a vehicle this new do i need to bleed the fuel line?

Old 05-14-2014, 02:19 PM
Starting Member
DimeBlazr is on a distinguished road

Yes you will probably need the new gasket if you pull the upper plenum unless the old one doesnt rip, its about $10-15 bucks at most auto parts stores, search for a how to video on youtube for help, theres a good one titled "S10 CPI Replacement (spider)". Not really any need to bleed fuel line unless you plan to disconnect it and you wont have to do that to remove the upper plenum, not much will happen anyway, most mechanics skip that step and just disconnect carefully with a rag over the spot to stop any spray and catch leakage.

Old 05-14-2014, 02:24 PM
Beginning Member

Ok that's what i thought.lol.. I just watched that video on youtube was very informative. just figured i'd ask to be safe. ya figure i better take a peak under that plenum for leaks on the nut kit and check the fuel pressure regulator.

Old 05-16-2014, 03:46 PM
Beginning Member

Ok.. got an update for ya guys. i took off the plenum and it looked good, was even able to save the gasket . minus the fact that two of the vacuum lines were not on it. I know the pvc goes to the top of it on the front and got the bottom front connected (it wasn't lol) but i can't figure out where the small one on the back of the plenum goes. I know the big ones goes to the brake booster, got that. Also figured out that i did have a bad ground (the body ground)so i have it to the point were i have spark and fuel and still won't fire, pretty sure it's a timing issue tho.. and being able to jump it to get to start doesn't work anymore, not sure if that's a bad thing or not yet..lol.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:47 AM
Beginning Member

New update: Ok i timed it and it fired right up!.. then i noticed the alternator was vibrating a bit so i shut it down to check it and it it wouldn't start back up. Looked at again the next day and decided to re time it, well when i brought it to TDC i noticed the timing marks on the rotor where off so re timed it and put it back together and it started right up again. So i let it run for a bit and after like 5 to 10 mins it started to vibrate and about 15 mins when you would press the gas it started to bog down. kinda weird but from what i have read the camshaft sensor and or the crankshaft sensor can cause that because there sending faulty info to the computer.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:40 PM
spittybays

Go to google on the bf homepage and put something like "bad distributor" in and see if anything relates.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:22 AM
Beginning Member

Ok new update: Well got it all timed in and ran good started it like 4 or 5 times was running nice! Took it for a test drive and made it about three or 4 miles and it was like somebody had lust hit a kill switch, just shut off.. wouldn't start again so i checked the fuel and it's good all the way up to the Schroeder valve behind the intake. will start with starting fluid.. so now its gotta be the spider right?

Old 05-28-2014, 08:20 AM
Beginning Member

New update.. if anybody is still reading lol. OK so i replaced the spider or injector assembly and runs good. A bit of a high idle off and on but pretty sure its some vacuum leaks. Thanks for the help guys