2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 blazer shock debate

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 03:33 PM
Matthew Anglin is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mike.308
I would say there are some separate issues, that gives that common picture...

I have a friend who bough an old Pajero with Iron Man[1] suspension. He jokes he paid the price for suspension, the other parts were add-ons. So we went one day for a light off-road ride and I may definitely say, that his Pajero handles the rough terrain way better than my Blazer. Since that time I know how a quality suspension performs in a rough terrain and I am looking forward achieving same results with my Blazer. That's why I am reading this topic.

That friend does not have a good opinion on the US cars interiors. He said that on a rough terrains or pot holes it all shakes, rattles, squeaks so therefore he is not going to drive one of them. And they stand out from the competition, when it comes to interior detailing. And I think he is right. Blazers come with a very simple mounting systems, easy for maintenance (front lights, grill, dash). Vast of the cases is just pull/push clips. Yet these clips are noisy and rattles.

[1] Iron Man is probably as much popular in Poland as Rough Country in US.
I'm buying a set of rancho adjustable shocks they are 300 dollars for a set of 4 but you have 9 settings that you can set on how stiff or soft of a ride you want and I'll probably put mine on 1 where I live all the roads here are basically worse than gravel roads

Old 09-17-2018, 03:54 PM
Mike.308 is on a distinguished road

I would gladly ask You to drop an info how good the Rancho performs, but yet, it may be a subjective statement of "good" or "better".
Personally I am unsure what kind of shocks do I have - the rear ones are in a white finish with red valves or ***** at the bottom part. The front ones are all black with punched numbers. I remember they had the boots damaged, so I bought ones for Rancho, which fit nicely.

I wish I had some Blazers here to drive and compare...

Old 09-20-2018, 09:57 AM
Mike.308 is on a distinguished road

@Matthew
Once You get the shocks post us how do they perform. I am considering getting the Iron Man set, but they are missing Blazer in their product selector, so I'd have to select the shocks by dimensions and travel stroke. That is something I am not keen on, as, for example, they may come with a different type of mount. Maybe Rancho would do the job too?

Old 09-22-2018, 06:34 PM
Matthew Anglin is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mike.308
@Matthew
Once You get the shocks post us how do they perform. I am considering getting the Iron Man set, but they are missing Blazer in their product selector, so I'd have to select the shocks by dimensions and travel stroke. That is something I am not keen on, as, for example, they may come with a different type of mount. Maybe Rancho would do the job too?
I will