2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 Blazer won't start, replaced lots of parts still no luck

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 07:35 AM
jjohnson77 is on a distinguished road
Default 95 Blazer won't start, replaced lots of parts still no luck

I went out to start my 95 blazer on the 23rd, it cranks but won't start. I've replace the crank shaft sensor, distrubitor cap and rotor, pick up coil in the distrubitor, spider injector, fuel filter, starter plate under coil, fuel relays & still nothing. Getting frustrating putting all this money into parts, with no reward. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? It throws red spark from the coil. Thanks for looking at my thread.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:39 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Moving to 2nd Gen Tech* Please read the description of the section you are posting in to ensure that it is appropriate for the topic of your post.

What caused you to replace all of those parts? The shotgun approach to automotive repair is a sure fire way to get you frustrated and lighten your wallet all at the same time.

Have you done a fuel pressure test?

I have never heard of a spark described as red... Most strong sparks are blue/white.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:21 PM
BEI
BEI is on a distinguished road

Fuel pressure test is key, if fuel pressure is good try connecting jumpers from another vehicle. I know this sounds odd, but mine was acting the same way and I tested or replaced everything you described and then some with no result. I finally had the battery drained and hooked the cables up and it started, so I changed the battery with a fully charged one and it still wouldn't start, hooked the cables up and it started again, so we changed the fuel pump (why you ask) there was nothing left to try. Found out it had an aftermarket pump, pressure reading was fine but it wouldn't push the volume without extra amps. Sounds crazy but it has been running great for the past 6 months with no problems. I'm just saying try the cables its a quick test. If you decide to change the pump buy a GM pump they cost more, but it's worth it.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:01 PM
jjohnson77 is on a distinguished road

sorry fellas I forgot to mention fuel pressure is 58 when key is turned on, and around 48 with key off. I did however speak to my brother, the previous owner (as I have only had the blazer for 8 days) and he told me the fuel pump was changed 6 months ago. I have read section 5 - 10 of my hanes manuel and still haven't figured out the possibility of why it isn't running. Any other ideas you can thow my way will be appriciated. I don't mind putting money into the blazer as she is a sweet ride and I am looking forward to driving her for many a year to come. Thanks your adivce is much appriciated!

Old 12-31-2009, 02:00 AM
GM hater is on a distinguished road

It only takes three things for an engine to run.
1. A good air:fuel ratio getting into the cylinder.
2. A good spark at the right time.
3. Good compression.

You said you have spark at the coil. Do you have spark at the spark plugs?
Is fuel getting to the cylinder?
When you pull a plug to see it spark with your own two eyes, check it and see if it has unburnt fuel on it. Crank the engine over with the plug out and smell what comes out of the hole. Does it smell like raw fuel?
What other work has been done on it recently?

Old 12-31-2009, 07:19 AM
belgum is on a distinguished road
Default old school

here is a quick test to cut proababilities in half -squirt a little starting fluid in your air cleaner if vech starts its a fuel problem if it dont its electrical it will narrow down the search

Old 01-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Allupinit is on a distinguished road
Default Same Prob

I had the same issues... in fact I have replaced the spider unit 6 times in the past year. The last time it went out I couldn't get it to start. After a ton of trouble shooting I found that one of the wires that runs to the Crankshaft Position Sensor was split about 5 inches above the sensor itself. I sliced in a 2 inch piece of wire and it started right up. Good luck

Old 10-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Starting Member
kfrey is on a distinguished road
Default blazere won't start

fuel pressure has to be at least 61psi to run.the spider injector assy has springs that require this much pressure 58 is not enough .

Old 10-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kfrey
fuel pressure has to be at least 61psi to run.the spider injector assy has springs that require this much pressure 58 is not enough .
58 is definitely enough. Most still start with 55psi. It it were 51, I'd say that is on the low side.

But I don't know why you had to interject that bit of information into a thread that is over 9 months old...

*Thread Closed*