2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 Blazer won't start or stay running

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 07:10 AM
Lazt36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 95 Blazer won't start or stay running

I have a 95 Blazer with a Vortex engine with about 140000 miles. 1st it would stall out at idle, plus it would stall out while driving and start running again without stopping. Now it won't start. When I turn the key to the on position it would be clicking on and off like a electrical problem. Now when i turn the key the fuel pump won't even tun on and it won't turn over. the check engine light dosen't come one but the other lights do. the fuel pump is 3 months old with the sending unit plus TPS ignition mod. and crankshaft sensor. I have tested the map sensor and it ok. It will Start up again eventualy. Does anyone have any Ideals.There are no codes, but it was hooked up to a $50 code scaner.

LazT36

Old 03-12-2008, 07:26 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 95 Blazer won't start or stay running

How does it run when it is running? Sounds like you might have a vacuum leak or a clogged EGR valve.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:56 AM

It runs fine for how long it runs. But would the EGR make the electical mess up to? because it would click on and off with the key in the on position

Old 03-12-2008, 08:28 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

No, it wouldn't. What do you mean by "it would click on and off with the key in the on position"?

Old 03-12-2008, 08:57 AM

its like someone is shaking the bat cable. all the dash lights would go on and off plus i can hear the feul relay clicking on and off

Old 03-12-2008, 09:17 AM
Administrator

When the engine is running, the alternator should be supplying more than enough juice to run everything, plus feed back into the battery, recharging it if necessary.

I would start by checking all of your connections at the alternator and at the battery, cleaning them and coating them with dielectric grease. See if that helps.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:01 PM

The alternator is good and the battery and cables are fairly new and clean. I am just wondering if the ignition switch might be going

Old 03-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Administrator

It is a possibility. Just don't hear that much about ignition switch failures in the pre-96 models.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:11 PM

Well I broke down and took it to the dealer! They found a broken wire in the insulation, on the main wiring harnes behind the fire wall and over the tranny. so I think i woulden't found that. But it still cost mee $380. Boo Hoo, but its done. Thanks for all the help.