2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 CPI Woes (still)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 10:10 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 95 CPI Woes (still)

So after a JY spider (which looks brand new but I know I cant base anything off that) new FPR, new plugs and a new MAP sensor truck still runs like crap.

It still runs rich, still has a misfire and now I have a backfire when under acceleration after all the new parts. So now Im thinking either A. I need to do the line nut kit deal or B. The spider I got from the u pull is bad. Im really getting irritated at my truck becuase I cant get this figured out. So any other ideas? Input? Things to check? BTW I dont have a fuel pressure gauge so I cant check that. When I get my taxes back Ill get one and check it but I just dont have the funds to do it right now. But I dont see how I couldnt be getting sufficent fuel pressure when its running rich. Im just speculating and might not be thinking clearly on it. So here agian thoughts? Ideas? Knowledge? Bueller? Bueller? For real tho thanks in advance guys

Old 02-20-2011, 08:57 PM

No love guys? haha. So Im bumping my thread. (obviously)

Old 02-22-2011, 09:02 AM

Well I think I found the problem to my troubles and I dont know how I havent noticed this before. The dist cap cant be tightened really as the back screw mount is completly broken and the front one is stripped. So I guess when I make a trip back to Savannah to the you pull Ill be getting another distributor

Old 02-22-2011, 06:30 PM

well after ghetto rigging the thing down with zip strips it runs worse.. WTF??? Im really lost now as to what the hell is going on with my truck. Ive never had this much trouble tracking down a problem

Old 02-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Beginning Member
chevycrazy2011 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cochran07
well after ghetto rigging the thing down with zip strips it runs worse.. WTF??? Im really lost now as to what the hell is going on with my truck. Ive never had this much trouble tracking down a problem
hope you can figure out whats wronge cause im having the same problem

Old 02-22-2011, 06:42 PM

Well when the funds are here hopefully this week its getting a brand new spider and line nut kit as well as a new distributor since my dist cap cant be attatched the proper way and I dont like ghettofying anything

Old 02-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Peru Motors is an unknown quantity at this point

when you can that fuel pressure gauge will be helpful but in the meantime if you get back in there I personally would--while doing this you most likely have the neg. batt term unhooked. Once the plenum is off revealing the regulator and everything else, turn the key to the run position. Go back under the hood, reach over and start to thread the neg. cable back up. At a certain point you'll hear the fuel pump energize. Look SUPER closely at everything in there. The fuel pressure regulator and especially the fuel lines from the back of the intake to where you hooked them up at the injector.(nut unit) The smallest of leaks is a big problem. I mentioned all this cause if you take it apart it will cost you nothing but your time and may reveal your issue. Plus your patience is appreciated. Being a free forum-we all aren't available at a moments notice. Good luck-Jerry

Old 02-22-2011, 07:56 PM

Yeah I have tried that and nothing that I could see is leaking but it is leaking somewhere in there. And I know we all have lifes and have things on our own to take care of and sometimes the right people doesnt see the threads. Thats why I just keep adding to what I keep discovering. Ill try to take a looksie Im sure Ill have the intake off agian soon seems everyday I pull the intake. Takes about 10 mins of my time and time isnt really my issue. Its the waste of fuel since its running rich.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Peru Motors is an unknown quantity at this point

thats where a fuel pressure gauge would reveal an issue (if there is one) in an instant-without pulling the plenum. I am just suspicious of a leak in there.(or somewhere-tank) Keep us posted with your progress. By the way-if you can pull that upper plenum off in 10 minutes-you're getting good! Jerry

Old 02-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Ryanmatt135 is an unknown quantity at this point

what codes exactly are you getting?

Quick Reply: 95 CPI Woes (still)