2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 s-10 blazer wont start

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 09:43 PM
cc4usa is on a distinguished road
Default 95 s-10 blazer wont start

i have a 95 s10 4.3 w vin motor is new rebuild everything is as it should be engine wise new fuel pump and sending unit as of today psi at test port is 45 leaked down by 5 psi in 30 min.
engine wont start without starting fluid but wont run after starting fluid is used up.
im hearing what sounds like fuel running into the intake. spider was replaced 1.5 years ago but the engine hasnt ran for 1 year as i rebuilt the engine and most of the front suspension.

if im guessing right. is it likley that the FPR went bad from sitting for a year.
i replaced the fuel pump and sending unit because it rotted away over the past 12 months. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:26 AM
Beginning Member
MrSluggo is on a distinguished road

I had my fuel return line leak after an injector line rubbed up against it making a small hole. I guess you need to check and make sure the new pump is good by testing pressure by the filter first though. If that is good I would check the supply line and return line inside the plenum, and then move on to regulator etc....

Old 11-12-2011, 02:22 AM

ive checked all my fuel lines and even replaced the filter.
im still leaning towards the FPR because if its bad it might not let the pressure build enough to inject out of the poppets. instead its returning it right back to the tank.

im going to replace the FPR with 1 i have on my spare spider unit and see if it helps. if it does i can buy a new FPR later and put it back on the spare unit and box it back up.
i will be doing it on sunday if i get the day off.
i will post the results soon. thanks

Old 11-27-2011, 06:57 PM

sorry its been so long getting back to this.
i hurt my back and still trying to get things done. i did change the fpr and no change in it starting without directy adding fuel.
any ideas

Old 11-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tested the fuel pressure? The CPI engine requires >55psi for proper operation of the poppet nozzles (depending on the accuracy of the gauge - GM states 60psi or greater).

If you disturbed the internal fuel lines, it is likely that they are now leaking as well.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Default pressures tested

i tested the fuel pressure and have readings of 54 psi and no leakdown for about 10 min. i have checked the fuel nuts.or if you want to call them the fuel lines to the spider unit. and no leaks. i replaced the o-rings at both ends during the rebuild.
ive replaced the FPR and the fuel filter.
i still cant get it to fire without using starting fluid or gas into the intake.
im considering replacing the spider with my spare in case the poppets or the springs have become stuck over the time i rebuilt the engine.
anymore ideas would be appreciated.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried replacing the electrical connector to the injector? It has caused more than one member a lot of grief in the past.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:28 PM

no i haven't. but since im getting a reading on the pcm sending a pulse to the injectors i have ruled it out as a cause. but its going on my list of things to check again as soon as im able to walk better let alone lean over the hood of my toys.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Administrator

The PCM will send out the pulse, but doesn't really know if the injector actually opened. Even if you tested it with a noid light and the light lit up, it still could be a loose connection that can cause you problems down the road. For the cost of the connector, I'd recommend changing it out to anyone that is in there doing work on the spider.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:26 AM

like i said its on my list to check. it will most likley get bumped to the top with replacing the spider in second place.
i will try these things in the next few days if im feeling better and post the results. thanks

Quick Reply: 95 s-10 blazer wont start