2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

96 Blazer....

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Cal_Lady is on a distinguished road
Question 96 Blazer....

Hello ya'll! I am having an issue with my blazer's fuel pump. We installed a new one and filter in a blazer that's been sitting for almost 2 years. We need the schematics for the pump as we think we got a couple of wires crossed...anybody got any out there? Apparently the new pumps have different connectors.....

Last edited by Cal_Lady; 03-13-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:46 AM
Beginning Member
AcerDeucerQ is on a distinguished road

I know for a fact(since I just replaced mine on a 97 blazer last week) that you can get a Hayes manual from auto parts store for $15 that has it detailed in it, also the new pump should have came with a card that has the new connector diagrams.

Also don't be to quick to think its the pump, it may not be the pump, the ignition switch module, if its bad or going bad may give the impression the fuel pump is bad, when in fact its not allowing power to the pump. You have relays in your glove compartments as well, that would be first thing to check if its ignition module related, also in that Hayes manaul!

Any problems with the following?

Issue: No start, cranks but no fire, No power to fuel pump or relay, No dash lights(start up dummy lights), unable to shift to neutral or move shifter, Battery dies weekly(3-7 days).
Resolution: Replace the Ignition switch module to solve my issue

Good luck!

Old 03-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Starting Member
LowLife is on a distinguished road

your fuel pump wire colors on the original setup and the new connector should be as follows theres a black wire,black with a white stripe wire, a grey or silver color wire, and a purple color wire just hook them up color to color on the new connector and you should be good to go with the wiring portion of this process

Old 03-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Cal_Lady is on a distinguished road

Thank u! She's up n running! :-D