2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

97 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 09:08 AM
kam
kam is on a distinguished road
Default 97 blazer

i'm looking to buy a 97 blazer,yesterday the owner called and said he went to put gas in it and on the way home the check eng. light came on i drove the car a week ago and it wasn't on,now i heard and this doesn't sound right but a guy told me if a rear wiper motor fails it can trip the eng. light?? it's funny a month ago the owner was on vacation and on the way home the rear wiper went out is this a coincidence or is there something to that??these two guys do not know each other at all PLEASE help i need this to pass pa emissions.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:20 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Step #1: check the codes. Autozone, Advance Auto, and quite a number of other parts stores will do this for free.
Step #2: let us know what specific codes are set (Pxxxx - ex. P0101, P0351, etc).

The only thing that could connect the rear wiper malfunction to a CEL would be a problem with power supply that would feed another device that is monitored or depended upon by the PCM.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:53 AM
PHATSPEED7x is on a distinguished road

I don't see a faulty rear wiper motor tripping a engine light. I'm going to guess a emission leak aka gas cap code.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:43 AM
kam
kam is on a distinguished road
Default 97 blazer service engine soon

i went ahead and bought this 97 before i bought it the owner had it scanned and it showed it needed an o2 sensor they put it on reset the light and on the way home it came on again,i left for work the next morning and the light was out. i'll see what it does later in the day when i drive it more.