2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

98 Blazer Door Panel ....

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009 | 11:11 PM
|
Beginning Member
DevinIsPro is on a distinguished road
Exclamation 98 Blazer Door Panel ....

Okay so i have looked for hours on the internet and i cant seem to find a solution.

The problem my Left Rear Speaker is blown i am trying to replace it.
But I cant get the BACK door panel off I unscrewed the one screw behind the door handle i popped out all of the plastic things around the door puped the panel up but some where in the middle it wont let me take it off i have inspected for ever trying to find why its still on. cant find any screws or anything and i have given it a good tug.

Can Anyone help?
Thanks in advance
-Devin

1998 Chevy Blazer LS
4 door
Power locks
4wd

Pictures would be great! or anything!

Old 11-04-2009 | 04:54 AM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

keep in mind that i have a two door...but I think I know what your problem is. There is a little plastic rectangular cover that you need to pry in the bottom of the handle that you use to shut the door. under that, I believe you will you find the screws you were looking for.

Old 11-04-2009 | 06:51 AM
|
Beginning Member

Like Where i would stick my fingers to close the door? that little rectangle thing? how the heck do you get it off ?

Old 11-04-2009 | 07:00 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Flat blade screw driver... There are screws under that little cover.

Old 11-04-2009 | 07:24 AM
|
Beginning Member

Well thank You guys very much i will be trying today! :]

Old 11-06-2009 | 09:06 AM
|
Beginning Member

So I got it off that day! Woo and i was trying to replace the speakers I got 6,1/2 Speakers but the problem is the speaker will not go in the door flush It like wont fit all the way in like its too long so i really cant make it work i am assuming that the door wont fit on because it sticks out a 1/4 inch So any ideas?

Old 11-06-2009 | 10:24 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

#1 DO NOT RANDOMLY TRIM METAL OUT OF THERE. lets just say i know a guy that did this and now his auto windows do not want to play as much.....

#2, 6.5s fit just fine. go to an audio place and get a 1/4" spacer. mount that bad boy and put the speaker on it, then put your pannel back on. you have plenty of clearance. I have a programmable cross over packed in my door panel as well. you'll be fine. just get a decent seal

Old 11-06-2009 | 11:52 AM
Beginning Member
idrd is on a distinguished road

Since we are on the subject of rear door speakers on a 4 door. Anyone know how they route the wires after they come out of the bottom of the door pillar on 4 doors ?

This is my situation. bought truck for son while in college, 96 blazer. That was in 2001. Son done with college, kept truck for me Someone broke in, even with Viper alarm system screeming and tore out the Pioneer radio and big thumper speakers or whatever they were and large amp.

Stayed that way for 4 years. Finally went to audio express, showed them the open hole and purchased a radio with install. After install was done they sat in truck and tried it out with me, worked great. I asked how we put it on rear speakers, Tech helping looked at workorder and it read " No rear speakers." That was a little over a month ago. I travel a lot but just got to it yesterday. I had asked my son if he took the rear speakers out when he put his other system in. He said no, should be speakers in there.

I took the panel off yesterday and yep, there are speakers in there. Definatetly not factory, forget them name, Polk, Poltec, something like that.

One wire had come off the speaker so I took the speaker out and resoldered the both wires that attach to the speaker. I pryed open the rubber channel that goes from the door to the pillar and the speaker wires and PW wires are not broken and head downwards towards the floor. I pryed up the trim piece on the floor by the door, no wires of any kind. Now, my PW work fine so these things go somewhere to get to the front. Anyone know the exact route the factory uses ? When I find them I am going to go back to Audio Express and politely point out that their guy made a mistake. They knew the situation as I showed what it was prior to them giving me a price and told them , Yeah do it. At the time I did not even think about the back speakers being hooked up, one would assume thats in the deal. Unless of course the wires do not go all the way under the console. Thats why I want to locate them prior to taking it back. I would have gladly paid the extra if they told me I needed to get wires to attach to the old speaker wires. Think I am being off base here asking them to finish this up ? Thank You.

1996 4WD 4dr.

Old 11-06-2009 | 05:22 PM
Beginning Member
idrd is on a distinguished road

Never mind, took the other door apart and those wires were disconnected too. Re soldered and they work great now.