2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

98 Bravada No AC/Blower fan help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 07:51 AM
Beginning Member
ambratton is on a distinguished road
Default 98 Bravada No AC/Blower fan help!!!

Alright guys, Ive got a 98 olds bravada with ATC. One day I went to get in my truck from work and went to turn on my A/C, I have no blower fan speed in either setting 1-5 or Auto. Ive checked all fuses and replaced the blower motor, blower motor resistor and still nothing. While switching the vent positions, all actuators work and i dont hear any vacum leaks.Any Ideas.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:54 PM
Beginning Member

Any ideas or suggestions!!

Old 08-29-2016, 07:26 AM
Beginning Member

Also upon further troubleshooting, I have 14 volts at the resistor and only 2.7 volts at the blower motor, while the truck is running. The wiring harness has no burn spots or cuts. I'm running out of options right now and need to get this fixed ASAP.

Old 08-29-2016, 10:36 AM
rockp2 will become famous soon enough

I wonder if it may not be a problem with your ignition switch.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:53 PM
Beginning Member

Could be, but I have no idea where to start at. I have a Haynes manual and it doesn't even has a proper wiring diagram. So I'm going in blind. Thanks for the reply Rockp2. I will start looking in that area and see what I can find.

Old 08-30-2016, 11:18 AM
rockp2 will become famous soon enough

One of the known issues on Blazers is faulty ignition switches. Sometimes the contacts are just dirty and can be cleaned. Many times it requires replacement of the switch (which is inside the steering column). The ignition switch controls power feed to many of your components and there may be some type of voltage drop going on there. That's more of a guess on my part since I am not super strong on electrical. I've attached a wiring diagram for a 98 Blazer... assuming the same for your Bravada.

If you go to alldatadiy.com you can buy a subscription for under $20 (annual) to an electronic version of the Technical Service Manual for your truck. Anytime I get another vehicle, I get a subscription for that vehicle as well as buy the actual manuals which can usually be found on ebay or Amazon for around $100 (+/- $50). Most of the time I like the hard copy version of the manuals, but the alldatadiy.com version has a very useful "Search" function and (depending on how you look at it) it's cheaper.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Blower Motor Diagram.pdf (343.5 KB, 161 views)
Old 08-30-2016, 12:56 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the info ROCKP2. anything will help me out right now. Again Thank you.

Old 09-06-2016, 05:44 PM
Beginning Member
stokedstephen is on a distinguished road

I seem to have the exact same problem with mine, and I replaced the same things. Did you find anything that fixed it?

Old 09-06-2016, 06:02 PM
Beginning Member

Stokedstephen, I have not yet found a solution. I'm still double checking wires going to the ignition switch. But if I do find one, I will let you know. It's mind boggling and frustrating.

Old 09-07-2016, 08:35 PM
Beginning Member
stokedstephen is on a distinguished road

Well, this morning my blower kicked on after going over a little bump, stopped again, and then turned back on. It has stayed on, so I won't complain... but I'm just hoping it lasts!

Quick Reply: 98 Bravada No AC/Blower fan help!!!