2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

99 blazer hesitates after start up..HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 02:25 AM
Banned
DAVEHILLIKER is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Definitely not the best way to clean a MAF sensor. Read this thread.
Hey it worked..and saved me atleast $100...and as long as its dry before you reinstall it what's it matter?

. A lot of people have successfully used brake cleaner or other chemicals..I believe in using something made for the job. Consider buying 2 can..that's from the thread you recommended

Last edited by swartlkk; 06-07-2011 at 06:38 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:51 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DAVEHILLIKER
Hey it worked..and saved me atleast $100...and as long as its dry before you reinstall it what's it matter?

. A lot of people have successfully used brake cleaner or other chemicals..I believe in using something made for the job. Consider buying 2 can..that's from the thread you recommended
Brake cleaner is way more aggressive than electrical parts cleaner and MAF specific cleaner and can damage the sensor all by itself regardless of whether you let it dry or not. There is also the chlorinated brake cleaner which can leave behind deposits which will harm the sensor even more in the long run.

Cleaning it yourself is what saved you the $$, not the use of an improper cleaning fluid for the job so you can get off the soap box. You could have easily wasted your time and money using brake cleaner.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:08 AM
Banned
DAVEHILLIKER is on a distinguished road
Wink

Get off the soap box. .lmao it worked n that's all that mattere..worst case scenario I have to buy a new sensor..n you can get off the thread..it was a convo between me n another user and I told him what I did to clean it..I thought that's what forums were for..advice, ideas and discussion..get of my back the forum is better off without you..***** YOU. I'm goin back to ford

Old 06-08-2011, 06:45 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, good-bye and best of luck in life. Oh, BTW, your membership here is revoked and you are banned from the Forum due to your attitude, language, and ignorance.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:59 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What works for you once might cause someone else to ruin an otherwise good sensor, wasting their time and often hard earned money. How does that make sense? I stated why brake cleaner is a bad idea. That IS what forums are for, to provide the absolute best information so that others can make the proper decisions in how to work on their vehicles. Sorry that you couldn't accept that you were wrong in using what you used and had to be belligerent about it. And isn't this a DISCUSSION??? You make no sense what so ever. You even stated that if there was something specifically made for the job, you would use it...

Regardless, Rich has already taken the action to remove you and your childish behavior/attitude from our humble forum. Good day.