2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

99 control panel problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 10:00 AM
rowdy926 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 99 control panel problems

Ok here's the problem, my control panel shows a security, battery, and service engine soon light. I checked the fuse it was fine then my odometer read 0's (brand new car LOL), then stopped got back in and nothing but the speedometer works (the lights still on) o and my bright indicator is on also. It runs fine drove home (50 miles). I have no security system on it and am completely lost my nearest service is 1 1/2 hours away. All my lights work fine blinkers ect... anyone please help.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:07 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 99 control panel problems

If you find out what caused it, let me know. Wouldn't mind resetting my real odometer instead of just the trip odometer.

(JUST KIDDING, I know it's illegal)[sm=grinangel.gif]

Old 06-12-2007, 01:37 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 99 control panel problems

Im taking a stab in the dark here but it sounds like you have a second generation blazer (cuz the odometer reset and all thus im thinking its gotta be digital). I would think that you had one of two things happen. The first is possibly your guage cluster just went belly up or you have an issue electical wise somewhere in the system (possibly messed up ecu, though it did drive ok so im not sure). If you have the ability to, and a willing person to let you do this, try connecting a different cluster from another blazer or s-10 to your blazer (take apart the dash using a 7mm socket, when you get to the cluster itself its held in with 4 screws, also 7mm, take it out and disconnect the plug on top and swap for the new one, labeling which is which of course ). If it works you can get a new cluster off ebay for cheap, if it doesnt work its probably time to hit up a service shop.

By the way as a side note, if the speedometer goes to its max reading durring this process thats ok. Just take the truck up to 35mph or higher and it will correct itself (needles are magnetic so they jump back in place as needed).