2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

abs delete?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Beginning Member
dirtydave is on a distinguished road
Default abs delete?

abs has always annoyed me, i removed it on my last 2 camaros and now i want to remove it from my blazer, does anyone make a simple kit to do this?

Old 12-29-2009, 11:59 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Yeah, it's real easy. Pull the fuse lol.
That will throw your ABS and brake warning light on though, so probably not really what you were looking for.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Beginning Member

yea for my camaro i found a company that makes a kit that completely gets rid of the abs, and i should be able to get it tuned out so im not throwing any codes, at least thats how it worked on my cars, i just dont know of any kits for blazers, if i cant find one im sure i can get someone to make one for me, theres not much to them

Old 12-29-2009, 04:19 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

By far the easiest way is to pull the fuse and then pull the ABS and Brake lights out of the gage cluster.

ABS has a separate computer from the PCM, so I'm not sure you can just get it tuned out.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:16 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by AJBert
By far the easiest way is to pull the fuse and then pull the ABS and Brake lights out of the gage cluster.

ABS has a separate computer from the PCM, so I'm not sure you can just get it tuned out.
that would work and i could just put the fuse back in for inspections, but i would really like to remove the entire abs system