General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

97 blazer and no real idea on what might be wrong*Sorry U can delete Double Post on accident*

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 06:46 PM
chevblazer02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 97 blazer and no real idea on what might be wrong*Sorry U can delete Double Post on accident*

Lets see, I have a 2002 Blazer and my father has a 97, well the 97 is a PITA! 1st I'll give u what happened. The transmission started slipping so we drove it and babied it along, We babied it for a few months and got my dad back and forth to work. We weren't sure if we were gonna keep it or not. On top of that the gas guage stopped working a while before the transmission went. Assumining thats the fuel sending unit. So every once in a while he would run out of gas or it wouldnt start when he parked in our driveway becuase its a hill and the fuel must have been to low. It started when we rolled it into our level garage. Well he was driveing down my road its a hill, and the blazer acted like it ran out of gas, engine died, guage lights popped on....all the normal things. So he coasted down a little ways till he could turn onto a side street. Well ever since he parked it on that side street till now which has been probably 4 months. It hasnt wanted to start. It tries to turn over after charging the battery but nothing more. We are just looking to getting it running again. Any help is appreciated? I searched and found a few things but idk....

on a side note, i have a 91 blazer in my back yard that I broke something in the cooling system so it poured coolant....it was a toy so no need to fix... well its been sitting in my back yard for almost 2 years with no hood for most of that and the other day i went and put a battery in it..and it started right up...my dad was pissed.....I found it funny in a way......It also has no windows or interior so its a big POS that I gotta get rid of.....thanks for any help in advance...

Old 10-31-2006, 12:47 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: 97 blazer and no real idea on what might be wrong*Sorry U can delete Double Post on accident*

Your '97 probably needs a fuel pump. It's not a good thing to run these pumps real low (or with no) fuel as they will burn out. The fuel cools and lubricates the pump.

I gotta tell ya, I'm still grinning after reading about your '91 in the back yard!

Old 10-31-2006, 09:36 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 97 blazer and no real idea on what might be wrong*Sorry U can delete Double Post on accident*

Locked this thread and here's the link to the other thread with replies...

https://blazerforum.com/m_45441/tm.htm