2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

ABS light on Dash won't go out

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009 | 07:24 AM
jleonards is on a distinguished road
Default ABS light on Dash won't go out

Hi,
I recently purchased a 1999 Blazer LS 4x4 with about 120k miles. The ABS light was on and the guy I bought it from said it had a bad hub on the front right and he had taken the ABS fuse out of the Engine compartment. Can anyone give me instructions on how to change the hub / sensor? Winter is coming soon and ABS would be nice

Thanks,
Jerry

Old 08-10-2009 | 12:23 PM
Beginning Member
fenderfreek is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a tutorial for this in the tech section. Get your hubs from here -
http://www.shop.synergyoffroad.com/p...&categoryId=-1

Go ahead and get two, and do both sides. If one is gone, the other is not far behind. I just did mine this weekend, and it's a pretty much a breeze. Only issue I had was the hubs being corroded/rusted to the knuckle, but a 4lb mallet took care of that.

Old 08-13-2009 | 03:02 PM
Starting Member
ExplicitYourSelf is on a distinguished road

hmm... Interesting. I am having a similer issue with abs light but mine goes on along with the park brake light. It turnes on after ruff breaking and somtimes it will just turn on after reglaer breaking. Somtimes it will go off after breaking and somtimes it stays on until i turn off the car. It also sound like one of my wheel bearing is goiing out in the front, Seems like we are in the same boat

Old 08-13-2009 | 03:08 PM
Starting Member
ExplicitYourSelf is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by fenderfreek
There's a tutorial for this in the tech section. Get your hubs from here -
http://www.shop.synergyoffroad.com/p...&categoryId=-1

Go ahead and get two, and do both sides. If one is gone, the other is not far behind. I just did mine this weekend, and it's a pretty much a breeze. Only issue I had was the hubs being corroded/rusted to the knuckle, but a 4lb mallet took care of that.

It mensions wheel bearing. That does include the whole hub assembly correct??

Old 08-14-2009 | 07:32 AM
jleonards is on a distinguished road

Yeah I think its all one assembly. My mechanic checked the sensor with a tool and said my right front is bad. I guess I will add that to my list when I replace my front rotors as I think they have to come off anyways as part of this hub replacement.

Old 08-14-2009 | 08:11 AM
pigmak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default thread i was forwarded

You are not the only one Explicit, is very common. https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...=parking+light.....my wheel bearings are fine...damn lights in 01

Old 09-16-2009 | 11:04 AM
Bud Blazer is on a distinguished road

Can you direct me to the tutorial for changing the ABS Sensor?

Old 09-16-2009 | 11:31 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

what truck are you doing it on?

Old 09-16-2009 | 01:54 PM
cameronp29 is an unknown quantity at this point

ive been having the same problem as explicit. but i changed my hubs and it didnt do anything. do i have to change the sensors too?? where are they?

Old 09-16-2009 | 07:39 PM
Beginning Member
fenderfreek is an unknown quantity at this point

The hubs contain the bearings and sensor all as one unit. You replace the entire hub assembly at once and you solve bad hub and bad sensor issues. My light still stays on, but I haven't had a chance to go to the dealer and get the computer reset.

At the very least, since you've swapped both hub assemblies, take it to a dealer and have them hook up the ABS computer to your truck. Verify that it's not something else that's causing the alert.

Quick Reply: ABS light on Dash won't go out