2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

ABS light issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2023 | 05:19 PM
|
Apokalactic is on a distinguished road
Default ABS light issues

I've searched many forums, including this one, for a definitive answer to my problem and keep coming up dry.

Given that, I figured I'd make a post and see what you all have to say about it.

I have a 1996 Blazer AWD. The ABS light doesn't seem to turn off no matter what I do. I've checked fuses, and they're all fine. I've replaced both wheel speed sensors with AC Delco. I've replaced the vehicle speed sensor in the transfer case. I've checked and traced all wiring coming from the ABS system only to find it all completely intact with all connectors clean and proper. Using an OBDII reader that is ABS capable, I see no codes or errors. Clearing the codes does nothing. The light comes on the moment the vehicle is started and never shuts off. I have no issues with braking. The 3rd brake light is fried, but I seriously doubt that is whats causing this.

My question is, why the hell won't this ABS light shut off when there is seemingly nothing wrong with the ABS system?

Sidenote, anyone know what this wire is for? Not sure if its related, but I'm trying to cover as much as I can here.

This wire appears to run through the factory harness, has a female blade connector, and doesn't seem to have a place to be. It sits under the hood on the drivers side fender near the firewall.

I'm usually pretty good about solving these issues, but this has me stumped. Any help you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-03-2023 | 06:50 AM
Walleye Hunter will become famous soon enough

Almost every vehicle I have owned since ABS came out has/had that light lit. I was either never able to track it down or the price to fix it was more than it was worth to me. I don't know about the gen 2s but the gen1s had issues with the circuit board on the ABS module and there are places that fix them for a $100 or so. That being said, I can't help you with your problem but will follow to see how it goes.

Old 12-12-2023 | 05:26 PM
|
Apokalactic is on a distinguished road

I just want to know why GM engineers in 94-96 were a bunch of absolute morons. Nothing on this truck is easy to work on, its almost as if they did everything in their power to make it as poorly designed and ****ty as humanly possible for the sole purpose of pissing off their customers. Was it a make-a-wish thing for some blind, deaf and brain-damaged child? Did they let him design it with absolutely no constructive criticism out of sheer pity? Whatever the case may be, there is a GM Engineer out there that deserves life in prison for this patchwork atrocity of a vehicle.

Old 12-12-2023 | 05:48 PM
Walleye Hunter will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Apokalactic
I just want to know why GM engineers in 94-96 were a bunch of absolute morons. Nothing on this truck is easy to work on, its almost as if they did everything in their power to make it as poorly designed and ****ty as humanly possible for the sole purpose of pissing off their customers. Was it a make-a-wish thing for some blind, deaf and brain-damaged child? Did they let him design it with absolutely no constructive criticism out of sheer pity? Whatever the case may be, there is a GM Engineer out there that deserves life in prison for this patchwork atrocity of a vehicle.
Have you worked on a late model Chrysler?

Old 12-12-2023 | 05:55 PM
BF Veteran
GeorgeLG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Apokalactic
Be careful, if you hurt your trucks feelings its gonna get worse. You must have never worked on marine diesel engines.