2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

AC condensation Drain

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 06:07 PM
johnnylovsey is on a distinguished road
Default AC condensation Drain

I have a 2003 blazer L/S 4.3 liter 4x4 and I cant find the AC condensation drain. I have been all over the car from above with flashlight and extendable mirror. And under the vehicle can see most of the bottom of the evaporator case and even see were the water is dripping through the bottom of the case were it bolts together but cant locate a drain at all can someone help and a pitcher would help a lot.

Old 06-28-2017, 08:10 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*If this thread goes off topic again, it will be closed*

Old 06-29-2017, 07:53 PM
Default Evaporator Drain

So many answers for the same question. I have asked every one I could were exactly the drain is for the evaporator and. Since getting the wet floor board passenger side. And it was after taking out the inner fender well to do motor mounts and didn't really need to remove it after all. Then it rained like heck and then later after some sunny days I found the wet spot. And wasn't sure if it was related to the rain or a plugged evaporator drain. But the drain is leaking down the back of the passenger inner fender well. Quite well but my thought is that when taking out the fender well I may have disconnected the drain line because I don't think it runs down the inner fender well normally. Because it runs all over the frame the ball joints and its my belief that there should be a hose guiding it to one location were it can just drop out a hose to the ground. So for you swartlkk I am going to take those pitchers for you once I pull the fender well so you can update with pic,s exactly were the drain is and if there is a drain hose that should be hooked to it. Because mine drains pretty well but it runs down the back side of the inner well closest to the motor. And it gets the floor passenger side carpet wet after about three days of running air. And as I have mentioned I have been over and under the Blazer and cant find a drain or a drain hose anywhere as I have said before I have searched from above with a telescoping mirror and a flashlight and crawled all over under the Blazer and if there was a drain hose I would have been able to find it while it was draining so well. But didn't so after this week end I will have the location as well if there is a hose that should be hooked to it. It might still be strapped to the back of the inner fender well just not hooked up at the evaporator core case.

Last edited by johnnylovsey; 08-04-2017 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:20 AM
Default Wet floor board while using AC and driving around town.

Wet floor board while using AC and driving around town.

OK swartlkk I tore it all down only to find the evaporator drain clean as could be. I could see rite in to the evaporator coils and didn't see any pine needles sticks or any blockage so I am back to square one with it being clean and the only issue was the bolt together case down at the bottom was dripping so I put some gasket sealer in the leaky crack an I will give it 48 hours to cure before using the AC, Also the hole didn't have a hose that might have diverted the drainage. And one more thing that may make a difference is the inner fender well splash guards have broken off from being pinned up to many times. So I have ordered some 1/8'' rubber sheeting and I intend on making my own splash guards for the inner wells. And from there we will see if any more water gets on the floor board. And if so I will be back asking a few more questions. But pic from these pic,s to make your tech article.

Attached Thumbnails AC condensation Drain-20170701_180800.jpg   AC condensation Drain-20170701_125521.jpg  

Last edited by johnnylovsey; 07-03-2017 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Add Pic,s
Old 07-02-2017, 04:20 AM
Default Try again to download pic,s

Try again to see if it was out of space for download Pic,s. Its up to you swartlkk do you want me to download the pic,s of the tear down the location of the drain and the reassembly. Also could you let me know when you are writing your tech article if that bronze colored piece in the drain hole looks like a obstruction or part of the evaporator its self. I would really appreciate your answer. It will let me know were to look next if the leak turns out to be AC related only. Or from the rain. And what needs to be done next. Now swartlkk these picks are for you, so you can write your tech article and also to help all those like me that searched all over heck and still couldn't find the elusive evaporator condensation drain until I pulled the passenger side inner fender well and by the way it wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be.

Attached Thumbnails AC condensation Drain-20170701_125230.jpg   AC condensation Drain-20170701_141420.jpg   AC condensation Drain-20170701_153753.jpg   AC condensation Drain-20170701_154457.jpg   AC condensation Drain-20170701_154552.jpg  

AC condensation Drain-20170701_160443.jpg   AC condensation Drain-20170701_174313.jpg   AC condensation Drain-20170701_180634.jpg   AC condensation Drain-20170701_180729.jpg   AC condensation Drain-20170701_182743.jpg  

Last edited by johnnylovsey; 07-03-2017 at 05:35 PM. Reason: try again to download pic,s
Old 07-04-2017, 09:59 PM
Default The True Location Of The AC Drain

swartlkk this is for your tech article after thurough searching I do believe I have located the AC Drain for my Blazer and that hole in the case wasnt it. But this next Pic along with any from the tear down to get to it were for you and your article. And since I didnt clean anything out at the drain but through the mirrour in the pic it looks as if there could be more then one slot that I think it was captain hook that told me not to use anything metal when cleaning that a pinched straw end would be the best and safest tool to use. So once again thank you Blazer Forum Moderators for all the help with what would be impossable to do without your help. Also when looking at that in magnification it looks as if there is more then one slot that drains water and were the drip is seems to be the only one dripping so it seems I need to get back in there and hit it with compressed air. And clean it up so more then a drip is coming out even though it amounts to quite a lot of condensation but still might be why my floor board was wet. After locating what I believe to be the evaporator drain and rather then remove that inner fender well again I just made a tool that will clean out the drain for a couple of bucks.

Attached Thumbnails AC condensation Drain-20170704_191927-1-.jpg   AC condensation Drain-20170705_174723.jpg  

Last edited by johnnylovsey; 07-17-2017 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Add the pic from today
Old 07-06-2017, 12:04 AM

Wet floor board while using AC and driving around town during heavy rains,

OK swartlkk I tore it all down only to find the evaporator drain clean as could be. I could see rite in to the evaporator coils and didn't see any pine needles sticks or any blockage so I am back to square one with it being clean and the only issue was the bolt together case down at the bottom was dripping so I put some gasket sealer in the leaky crack and I will give it 48 hours to cure before using the AC, Also the hole didn't have a hose that might have diverted the drainage. And one more thing that may make a difference is the inner fender well splash guards have broken off from being pinned up to many times. So I have ordered some 1/16'' rubber sheeting and I intend on making my own splash guards for the inner wells. And from there we will see if any more water gets on the floor board. But pic from these pic,s to make your tech article. OK just the last addition to this complete AC article. While under there yesterday I noticed them bolts that have a hex head as well as a 5/16” nut with a rubber washer and both of them the rubber has dissolved over the years so I bought a couple new one,s but a few more of those dissolved rubber fell down from were not sure when using air to clean out the circle holes yes there was two of them on the bottom of the case but only in one can you see the evaporator cooling fins those gold colored ones in the pic,s I took. And the one sliver drain that I captured in a photo with the mirror. So my finishing touches would be to flex seal the edge of the evaporator case everywhere it might leak. And what I think is the antenna wire going through the fire wall and then see if there is any more wet floor board during heavy rain and AC use. And again thanks for no help at all but think I am wrapping it up myself. Wet floorboard excellent working AC with great drainage during operation.

Last edited by johnnylovsey; 07-14-2017 at 12:02 AM.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:16 PM

Seems to have doubled the same info and don't think I did it intentionally.

Last edited by johnnylovsey; 08-04-2017 at 05:47 PM. Reason: double information
Old 07-07-2017, 06:27 PM

.Another double same information

Last edited by johnnylovsey; 07-14-2017 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:30 PM

Another doubling same information.

Last edited by johnnylovsey; 07-14-2017 at 12:10 AM.

Quick Reply: AC condensation Drain