2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Alex

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 02:24 PM
Starting Member
Afernadj is on a distinguished road
Default Alex

Hello everyone I am new to this site. I just purchased a 2003 blazer ls to play around in and I have a question.
Can I the stock rims and tires from a 2011 jeep wrangler fit onto my blazer? Is the bolt pattern the same? And can it be done without altering the suspension, I want to maintain the stock ride height.
Thanks

Old 06-29-2015, 05:52 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Jeep Wrangler JK have a 5 on 5" bolt circle while the S-series trucks have a 5 on 4.75" bolt circle. The cheapest way to get them to fit is with a set of bolt circle conversion spacers, but spacers will likely push the wheels out way too far for an S-series truck with stock suspension. I believe that most stock JK rims have 5-5.5" back spacing which, if they could be mounted directly, wouldn't be all that bad. A conversion spacer will push them out at least an inch which can cause interference issues with the fender/frame while turning.

Aside from spacers, you could possibly have your lug pattern changed by having your rotors, front hubs, and rear axle shafts re-drilled to the 5 on 5" pattern. That can be quite expensive and would need to be repeated if you ever had to replace any of those components.