2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Another 2000 blazer cranks but doesn't start

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Another 2000 blazer cranks but doesn't start

kooz5, I replied to your other thread. Your motor and firemansc32's are quite different in terms of both fuel delivery and PCM controls.

firemansc32,
Do you have any updates as to the outcome of your problem? I do have an answer to one of your questions. As far as the intake hat being loose on the throttle body. Yes, that could cause a reduction in efficiency that may explain the difference in mileage. Depending on the volume of air being pulled through the leak area, it could also result in drive-ability concerns.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:18 AM
Starting Member
firemansc32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Another 2000 blazer cranks but doesn't start

Sorry for the wait on getting back to you Kyle. The problem is still there but once and a great while it will start on the first try. I starting to think it may be the fuel pressure regulator maybe sticking open or the wal-mart battery is just crap. Hey could someone show me a pic of the battery cables want to see if my (+) cable is a replacement. Due to a lack of funds I really can't do anything but live with it for a while.

edit:Everything has been put back together correctly. Mpg is back to where it was now that it has warmed up again.

Also the darn trans slips in second gear under hard throttle. It's not a problem under normal driving conditions though. Can't wait to spend the money to get that fixed. Oh joy.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 10-20-2009, 09:16 PM
Beginning Member
jerseymike68 is on a distinguished road

I have the same magnaflow too and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 16685. Also some of the forum sponsors usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:39 PM
RonJon is an unknown quantity at this point

Sit. rep. on my blazer. Got the new distributer cap and rotor on. Finally checked fuel pressure turn the key on or off and it goes to around 58-60 psi. Then it slowly begins to drop with or without the key on. Still need to wait for it to completely cool off and check again. Engine temp was just above 100*F. The pressure at idle was 50-54 psi. Wish the gauge was fluid fill to reduce vibration it moves around pretty fast.
I wonder about the "fluid filled gauges" remark.... (I have refrigeration gauges with that) My pressures are pretty stable at a steady throttle. I never noticed at lot of pulsation but I don't know whether it'd be FPR or injectors causing that.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RonJon
I wonder about the "fluid filled gauges" remark.... (I have refrigeration gauges with that) My pressures are pretty stable at a steady throttle. I never noticed at lot of pulsation but I don't know whether it'd be FPR or injectors causing that.
Some gauges are twitchy'er than others. I have two different fuel pressure gauges, neither of which are filled, and one you can almost see the injectors opening and closing while the other stays rock steady. Fluid filled gauges take out the needle vibration making for a more stable reading. We use them on all of our manual gauges on our pump test stations at work. If we didn't, you would get some pretty wicked fluctuations caused by the impeller vanes passing by the cut-water.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:07 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jerseymike68
I have the same magnaflow too and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 16685. Also some of the forum sponsors usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.
what does this have to do with his problem posted?