2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Another BLINKER problem... :( and more

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 03:16 PM
HungarianBarbarian is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Another BLINKER problem... :( and more

So Ive read through almost all the blinker issues on this forum. Alot of people had trouble with their blinker relay located under the glove compartment. I changed mine. Same problem. I read that is might have to do with the hazard lights..this is my issue.

The clicking noise was going on for a while now but everything was working fine. Then one day the relay made a buzzing sound instead of a click sound and my right turn signal no longer worked properly. Sometimes the indicator would stay illuminated and sometimes it would flash but the front right signal stopped working and the instead of the rear right turn signal flashing, both rear signals flash now when i engage the right turn signal.. so I know the bulbs work because it is blinking, just doesnt blink alone. When i play around with the hazard light button button on top of my steering wheel, it will make a clicking sound, buzzing sound, depends if i hold it half way down, or to the right or to the left. What do i need to replace? i have the Haynes manual so i can use that as reference for a guide.

Vehicle: 98 Blazer 4WD...cruise control

Another issue I am having and it just started a day ago... only sometimes, 1 out of 3 times. I put the car in D and begin to drive, but once i hit around 40km/h, it starts slugging, like its trying to shift into 2nd gear but it cannot, i feel like there is not enough power.. so then i switch to "3" and it starts running normal... i also noticed that the indicator lights on the 2HI 4HI 4LO is dead... could it be switching itnto 4LO by itself? I never used 4LO so i dont know if thats what it does, not go past 40kkm/h... I usually, eirther stop my car. turn it off. and restart it (like a ****ty pc) or i switch into 3 untill i hit like 60 -70km/h and then i switch back into D

I hope this all makes sense :s Hope i dont need a new transmission, but there is a used one for sale in my city for 400$ with 160k on it

Old 07-20-2012, 11:44 PM
HungarianBarbarian is on a distinguished road

+1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-21-2012, 12:12 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure what you have read, but the relay is not the typical cause by a long shot. It is the hazard switch that causes most of the problems and sometimes that can be replaced for only $15. If that doesn't work, then the entire multifunction switch assembly needs to be replaced.This is a rather well documented problem. Processes and part numbers are posted in the tech article section.

That Haynes manual isn't worth the paper if was printed on in my humble opinion.if you want a real manual, keep an eye out on eBay for deal on the factory service manual set.

Please don't bump your post in such short order as it is prohibited by the rules of the forum.