2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Any suggestions from the Tech Guru's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Starting Member
mrshaneb is on a distinguished road
Default Any suggestions from the Tech Guru's?

Ok, I just picked up a 1997 Blazer LS 4X4 from the Dealership today 5/29/2010. I test drove it twice ruffly around 40 miles before I actually bought it. I checked out the undercarriage, engine, etc... after purchasing the Blazer I picked up my wife and we proceeded on our way to meet some friends at the theatre. Well at the one light it stalled (I figured I ran out of Gas). Missed the Movie, ah no problem figured we'd catch the next showing (as I had gotten gas by then). Got to the theatre, backed in to the parking stall and pulled forward a bit and it stalled again and wouldn't start. Called the Dealership, etc... anywho to make a long story short it's at the Dealership and they will fix it and make it right. Not sure if it's the Fuel pump wich was replaced (I think they said 80 or 87,000) about 39,139 miles ago, Batterie or Alternater.

Heard back from the Dealership. They said it needs an Ignition Switch and Cylinder. Not sure if that will fix it, but apparently the Ignition Switch was acting like it was trying to start all the time (which I can see draining the battery and not wanting to start after it stalled) (I can also see that with it acting like it was trying to start all the time it would be dumping fuel all the time which could flood it out) If I am incorrect in any of my assumptions please someone correct me. I'm just hoping this will correct and fix the problem.

Update, ok they got the parts in and installed, checked the Fuel Pump and Fuel Pressure both are good. They drove it for a while left it sit running to make sure all is well, and it stalled on them and wouldn't start. They called there Chevy Garage and with there help said it was the Starter, so that will be in tomorrow and hopefully that will solve the problem.

Any other suggestions of what this could be?

Thank you.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:44 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrshaneb
...They called there Chevy Garage and with there help said it was the Starter, so that will be in tomorrow and hopefully that will solve the problem...
The starter could be part of the failure to start, but it would not cause the engine to stall out.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by rriddle3
The starter could be part of the failure to start, but it would not cause the engine to stall out.
Well Got they got the starter in, it stays running. However, they said it needs a new Fuel Filter as the one in it is bad. I'm just glad that the problems are bing fixed and taken care of.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Starting Member

I guess now it's onto the Fuel Pressure Regulator.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:48 PM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm.... as Riddle said, the starter would have NOTHING to do with it stalling out. The starter probably burned out after trying to start it if you were cranking on it for a while.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Starting Member

So far they've put a new starter switch and cylinder, new starter, fuel filter, and now the fuel pressure regulator. The fuel pump was replaced about 40,000 miles ago.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Starting Member
Default Update.

Ok so the problem seems to be fixed, there going to keep it till tomorrow, run her again tomorrow morning to make sure all is well and will no longer stall.

Take Care.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:01 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

And what did they do to solve the stalling problem?

Old 06-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Starting Member

New starter switch and cylinder, new starter, fuel filter, and the fuel pressure regulator.

Presumably (sp?) the Fuel Pressure Regulator was the final fix.

Take Care.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Starting Member
Default Same problem again (Very Frustrated)

Ok so I've had the Blazer back for what about a week and a half. I'm driving home today after picking up some meds, I turn a corner after the stop sign and she spudders a bit then goes then spudders when I hit the gas then goes, I lay off a bit then finally she moves. I turn another corner this time right she spudders going up a little nole then cuts off. I managed to get her into a spot so she can be towed as she won't start (she turns over but won't start).

Any suggestions? I mean sofar they've replaced the starter, starter switch and cylinder, fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator.

This is very frustrating.

Thanks for the help and reading the rant so to speak.

Quick Reply: Any suggestions from the Tech Guru's?