2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Any suggestions from the Tech Guru's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Do you have an aftermarket intake? If so, make sure nothing came loose, this was a similar problem I had when the clamp after the MAF came off. Any check engine lights?

Old 06-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Starting Member
mrshaneb is on a distinguished road

Nope, just a K&N drop in filter and a tornador (to save on gas). Nothing was loose, ya that was the first thing I checked too. No check engine light though.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:17 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I have combined your two threads concerning the stalling problem so everybody can follow the steps you have taken to correct it. Keeping things together helps members help you.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by rriddle3
I have combined your two threads concerning the stalling problem so everybody can follow the steps you have taken to correct it. Keeping things together helps members help you.
Ah cool, I didn't think of that. Thank you.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:53 PM
David Hineline is an unknown quantity at this point

I would suggest a factory GM dealership repair shop, rather than billy bob's fix it shack.

There is a reason they charge a lot of money per hour.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:15 AM
jigger is on a distinguished road

My guess is it's still in the fuel pump, have they run a pressure test on it?
Should also run the test right after it stalls. Could be a bad harness for the fuel pump, the in the tank wires should be changed with the pump along with the filter sock. Common short cut that costs in the end!

Old 06-22-2010, 06:45 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by David Hineline
I would suggest a factory GM dealership repair shop, rather than billy bob's fix it shack.

There is a reason they charge a lot of money per hour.
It's not a billy bob's fix it shack, it is a pretty good size dealership, Chrysler, Jeep, GM, etc...

Originally Posted by jigger
My guess is it's still in the fuel pump, have they run a pressure test on it?
Should also run the test right after it stalls. Could be a bad harness for the fuel pump, the in the tank wires should be changed with the pump along with the filter sock. Common short cut that costs in the end!
That's possible although the Fuelpump was replaced about 30,000 miles ago. I called the Dealership this morning and let them know it's the same problem only this time it stalled while I was driving. Man this really stinks I really like the Blazer, but with this happening twice, I'm kind of half afraid to drive her.

Last edited by rriddle3; 06-22-2010 at 06:48 AM. Reason: COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 06-22-2010, 07:11 AM
Beginning Member
cardude59 is on a distinguished road

i see no mention of dtc's. have they scanned for fault codes? does the MIL come on? sometimes this stalling and studdering can be caused by a faulty cam sensor it might be worth asking them.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Starting Member

The Dealership were I got it from sent it to there GM dealership in Lewisburg PA. There a pretty good shop, I'll hopefully find something out in the next few days. All I know is this is kind of bugging me.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Starting Member
Frankiesurf is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a Lemon Law candidate. Get your money back and find another Blazer. You shouldn't be worried about driving your own vehicle.

If you do keep it, go get AAA, the upgraded plan that will tow 100 miles.

I am fairly certain that warranties on used cars at dealers are only for 90 days, unless it is a recurring problem.

Quick Reply: Any suggestions from the Tech Guru's?