2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Anyone ever seen this issue before?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011 | 12:34 AM
|
Beginning Member
ihatefordz is on a distinguished road

the following vids are some of the electrical issues i have in my 2000 blazer. it does it now randomly without the radio having to be turned up. my mechanic said it may be my BCM...anyone have any clue??? NOTE: PLEASE EXCUSE THE LANGUAGE AND STRONG CONTENT OF THE MUSIC IN THE VIDEO...its all i had

Electrical issues - YouTube
Electrical issues - YouTube

also it does it randomly just riding down the road. i uninstalled my system and it still does it. especially when i put my windows all the way up...

Last edited by TripleBlackBlazer; 12-18-2011 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts-Please use the 'Edit' feature to add more info to your last post if no one has replied
Old 12-18-2011 | 12:44 AM
Starting Member
NEW YORK BOY is on a distinguished road

lose fuzzes?

Old 12-18-2011 | 12:47 AM
|
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by NEW YORK BOY
lose fuzzes?
checked already

Old 12-18-2011 | 12:59 AM
Starting Member
NEW YORK BOY is on a distinguished road

check for a short or the ground

Old 12-18-2011 | 03:09 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

What happens when you first put the key in and turn it on without starting?

It almost looks like you have a loose connection at the battery and the truck thinks it's turning back on even though it's already on. I would start by taking the terminals off and inspecting/cleaning them real well before reinstalling and making sure they're tight. Check any grounds you may have for your stereo install. Make sure they're in a good location and you sanded/scraped the area down to bare metal before grounding to that spot.

Electrical problems are a nuisance. Your ignition switch could also be going bad or is bad. There are a lot of systems that are powered up through your ignition switch. It's not a Blazer but I just replaced the ignition switch in my Wife's Regal because when you would use the blinkers the entire dash would light up similar to yours and the needles would jump around like they were on speed.

Old 12-18-2011 | 11:59 AM
|
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
What happens when you first put the key in and turn it on without starting?

It almost looks like you have a loose connection at the battery and the truck thinks it's turning back on even though it's already on. I would start by taking the terminals off and inspecting/cleaning them real well before reinstalling and making sure they're tight. Check any grounds you may have for your stereo install. Make sure they're in a good location and you sanded/scraped the area down to bare metal before grounding to that spot.

Electrical problems are a nuisance. Your ignition switch could also be going bad or is bad. There are a lot of systems that are powered up through your ignition switch. It's not a Blazer but I just replaced the ignition switch in my Wife's Regal because when you would use the blinkers the entire dash would light up similar to yours and the needles would jump around like they were on speed.
i will recheck my battery connections but stereo has been uninstalled since then and i still have the problem...

Old 12-19-2011 | 02:09 PM
|
Beginning Member

went and got everything scanned and its the bcm...how do i fix it or does it need to be replaced?

Old 12-19-2011 | 05:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I would test the ignition switch before jumping into the BCM. The ignition switch controls power to everything in the truck. If one of the contacts in gets burnt/corroded, it can cause all sorts of weird things to happen.

Old 12-27-2011 | 04:37 PM
|
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I would test the ignition switch before jumping into the BCM. The ignition switch controls power to everything in the truck. If one of the contacts in gets burnt/corroded, it can cause all sorts of weird things to happen.
wires are good. got everything scanned again and still LOC with BCM body control module. If i get a new one am I gonna have to get it programmed or flashed?

loc = loss of communication

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-27-2011 at 04:55 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 12-27-2011 | 04:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, if you have to replace the BCM, you will have to get it programmed for your truck.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever seen this issue before?