2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Anyone know what this could be??

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Kenton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone know what this could be??

Hey there everyone! I searched on this and I couldn't find anyone else having an issue like I am.

The vehicle:
96 Blazer LT
4.3L Vortec
Just crossed 130K
4 door (doubt it matters but I figured I would add that)

The Issue:
I am having troubles with the truck dying. It is a weird trouble for the fact that it seems to only do it when you first start it up. I have not had the truck die on me going down the road once yet. It does not matter if the engine is cold or warm, and it does not do it all of the time. It seems to go in spurts. I will have the problem for like three starts in a row, and then it won't do it again for two days or two weeks.

When it does die, it seems to be right after you put it in gear and hit the gas to go and it will bog and die. If you try to tap the gas to keep it running it doesn't help at all. It is like you are not even touching the gas.

I have also had it die on me a coulpe times while it is idling (only maybe five times) since this problem started overfour months ago. I had a car that was my daily driver sothe blazer has not getting driven hardly at all due to gas prices. But I sold the car so I figured I better get this problem fixed so I don't get stranded somewhere!

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
Kenton

Oh and I forgot to mention, I am thinking itis a fuel pump problem, but some other people I have talked to seem to think fuel filter. As far as I know both the filter and pump are still the ones from the factory.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:36 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Anyone know what this could be??

It does sound like it might be a fuel supply problem. I would change the filter, check the pressure (very simple, lots of threads on how to do it), and see if that solves the issue. If not, check back with us. BTW, if you put your vehicle info (year, transmission, 2 or 4 wheel drive) into your signature, you won't have to list it each time you have a problem.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:04 AM

I will try to change the fuel filter and see if that helps. I will also search for checking the pressure and give that a try.

Thanks for the help!
Kenton

I also added everything to my sig[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 11-23-2007, 02:11 PM
leon is an unknown quantity at this point

HI KENTON
MINE HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME SYMTOMS AS YOURS, I HAVE CHANGED THE FUEL FILTER THAT GOES UNDERNEATH THE CAR AND DID NOT SOLVED THE PROBLEM, ALSO I MEASURED THE PRESSURE OF THE FUEL PUMP, IT'S 62 PSI

I'M NOW AT A POINT OF DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO

THIS PROBLEM IS DRIVING ME CRAZY, IF YOU EVER FIND OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM IS I WOULD APRECIATE VERY MUCH YOU LET ME KNOW

EMAIL leonbentolila@cantv.net
98 Blazer 4X4 AUTO
ENGINE S/N 5WV327265
72.000 KM (48.000 MILES)

Old 12-03-2007, 09:09 PM

I thought I would post up what has been going on with this. I have not had a chance to to do the fuel filter yet. But I have been running fuel injector cleaner through it and this has really seemed to help.

I have ran the cleaner through two tanks of gas and on the third so far, and this problem has not happened again once. No spuddering or anything at all. So that must be helping. But now I am having 4 wheel drive problems soI need to do some searching on that! Awesome![>:]

Kenton

Old 12-04-2007, 12:33 AM
felonyblazer96 is an unknown quantity at this point

once you fix all the bugs in your blazer you will be very happy with it

[/align]